+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, memory4teachers in Technical; Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey Maybe you should just state them less aggressively, not tell everyone how annoyed they make you ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    Maybe you should just state them less aggressively, not tell everyone how annoyed they make you in your first post, and understand the arguments first.

Look at that rep gooo......
    Eeek...I thin you're right

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jemima_jones View Post
    wow....i really didnt expect this... this is now putting me off talking on threads.

I understand you are all upset...wanted to just put my end in too...maybe i shouldnt have started of telling you guys how annoyed i was.....hehe

One of my fellow maths teachers has been a member on this site for a while and he was the one that mentioned memory4teachers, because i got my stick I felt like letting people know. I'm sure there are many other teachers that got their sticks too. I only just joint up today, I guess because i actually had something to say, considering the responses, I probably should have kept my opinions to myself Anyway....believe what you believe!
    Its part of standard 'netiquette' - you don't turn up on an existing forum and start flaming people. It will just get people to shout troll at you...

A more reasoned response would have been:

'I'm quite surprised by this, my colleagues and I have received ours and they're very useful. I'm also surprised that people would have a go at a company providing free memory sticks. Why is this?'

Or something similar...

Imagine if this was a real life discussion in a pub. People sitting around annoyed by the situation, and you come in and shout what you did. The internet is no different.

3. Thanks to localzuk from:

jemima_jones (23rd March 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, apologies if my post seemed harsh but unfortunately going to be a standard response when someone comes sticking up for a product everyone else knows or believes doesn't exist/won't happen/is a con or phishing trip. I've only been on here for just over a year and the amount of these cons I've seen puts the whole thing into perspective - some of them from people you would otherwise deem to be respectable and professional. Hence the extra inbuilt layer of cynicism from most folks here.

Anyway, all of that aside, grab a mug of coffee, some Jaffa Cakes or biscuit of choice and say hello in the New Users forum bit

PS: Share the jaffa cakes
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 23rd March 2010 at 01:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    @all:

The old proverb which states "You get nothing for nothing in this world" everybody is out to scam you when they offer products for free.

Spam follows
    then phone messages
    then flyers
    then your details are passed on to other third parties who
    then want you to partake in a survey
    Simple answer is not to sign up for anything which is offered for free!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,596 Posts
    @jemima_jones... we regularly get sales-trolls and spammers on here and first posts, particularly ones that are recommending a product (or appear to recommend by shouting at us ) are regarded with a huge amount of suspicion.

Sorry you are getting a rough ride if you don't work for this company, but perhaps a little more caution with a first post would have been more appropriate.

Hope you come to enjoy edugeek for what it is normally!

Thank Post
    Hi

I know this sounds bad but is this one like the last one lots of us applied for and got nothing expect spam spam spam.

Richard

Thank Post
    I got mine when I was at Bett. I remember the guy on the stand saying that we should give them good comments on Edugeek - how about NO.
    Told all the staff here and they all registered, none of them received one yet. Phoned them up the other week and told we would be placed on the priority list when the shipment comes from China. Doubt we will receive them though

Thank Post
    I did manage to pick one up at BETT, there and then, on the Wednesday. Funnily enough one of the executives was covering for staff that didn't turn up. Maybe that was an indication of their organisational skills not to mention he totally didn't know what he was doing. As said previously they are 4GB and filled with a bunch of junk for teachers. A normal format fixes that problem for us non-teaching staff.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    @jemima_jones... we regularly get sales-trolls and spammers on here and first posts, particularly ones that are recommending a product (or appear to recommend by shouting at us ) are regarded with a huge amount of suspicion.

Sorry you are getting a rough ride if you don't work for this company, but perhaps a little more caution with a first post would have been more appropriate.

Hope you come to enjoy edugeek for what it is normally!
    Yeah...think i have learnt my lesson, on that front....lol

I'm sorry you guys have yet to recieve your sticks....

i look forward to trying this 'thread comment thing' again, hopefully with some nicer responses to my random (but now fully thought out and cautious) thoughts. and i will take your advice and introduce myself properly and enjoy edugeek for what it has to offer.....have a nice day!

11. Thanks to jemima_jones from:

synaesthesia (23rd March 2010)

Thank Post
    Nice to see the usual people making jemima welcome

Just ignore the negative comments. It's just little boys with little, erm, minds

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RingOfFlame View Post

Just ignore the negative comments. It's just little boys with little, erm, minds
    Call it inside information if you like, but trust me: all is not what it seems with that account.

Now perhaps you'd like to take care of facts before making personal insinuations.

14. Thanks to powdarrmonkey from:

CPLTD (24th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

thought you had left us ROF missed us all obviously lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 784 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Jemima_jones account has been banned, but these posts will be left in place.

ip tracking shows that the user was connecting from the same source ip as the memory4teachers account, which is owned by rgseurope, the company behind memory4teachers.

17. 3 Thanks to Domino:

CPLTD (24th March 2010), elsiegee40 (23rd March 2010), synaesthesia (24th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powdarrmonkey View Post
    Call it inside information if you like, but trust me: all is not what it seems with that account.

Now perhaps you'd like to take care of facts before making personal insinuations.
    Surprise surprise fancy seeing you replying to one one my posts, oh and look at around the same time more bad reputation. My my you are subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    thought you had left us ROF missed us all obviously lol
    Missing some members, just not you hunny

Thank Post
    Surprise surprise fancy seeing you replying to one one my posts, oh and look at around the same time more bad reputation. My my you are subtle.
    And? I have no interest in subtlety, or in your reputation, and I'm at perfect liberty to reply to you. My only interest is in making sure nobody else thinks the last relevant posts are either genuine or impartial.

The company behind memory4teachers has not behaved well, they've failed to deliver on multiple promises, they have failed to respond to emails, they have mis-used their mailing lists despite registrants opting-out of them and I am awaiting legal advice about whether they are in breach of contract*. They are an embarrassment to their content providers and sponsors.

You're not doing much better either, for somebody who's stopped posting and requested their account be removed... I've been prepared to let you turn over a new leaf but once again, you've persuaded me that there is no point. I'm not prepared to derail this thread though; if you have something to say, tell me in private.

*note: I'm not opening a debate on this last point, and I'm not going to discuss it until I've received said advice, so don't ask.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information