+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Anyone Tried IE8 Then? in Technical; ie7 sucked compared to ie8. I've been beta testing it since it started and have noticed a masive improvment in ...
    PEO
    Thank Post
    ie7 sucked compared to ie8. I've been beta testing it since it started and have noticed a masive improvment in performance. One thing I may note is IE7 incresed login times by at least 20 seconds which was rediculus. Installed ie8 and and those problems went away.

Another thing to note about ie8. when you close the browser and look in task manager, you will notice it dosent clear out of the memory and can get rediculasly large.

a quick fix in cmd can solve this and has also increased browser perfomance specially when using the tabs

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

That re-registers the ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library, an obscure DLL that most people (even Microsoft experts) had never heard about. (Update: 27-Mar: Note that if you try this using Windows Vista, you must do this from an elevated Command Prompt window; type cmd in the Start menu Search box, right-click the Cmd.exe shortcut, and then choose Run As Administrator. For detailed instructions with screen shots, see this post.) After restarting her computer, she tried using IE8 again.

I like the compatibility function and it also supports css 2.1 much better than previous IE

thnks STED for the adm file. I never found this so I really appreciate the find. Means I can now start o think about installing IE8 across the network
    Last edited by PEO; 28th March 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Thank Post
    How do I push IE8 out using WSUS? I've selected the IE8 dynamic installer but that's not doing anything

Thank Post
    Haven't had a single problem with it yet!

Going to wait for it to be available over WSUS before letting everyone else have it though!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    How do I push IE8 out using WSUS? I've selected the IE8 dynamic installer but that's not doing anything
    at the moment you dont i have a script that should work(not tested as a silent install) but atm i cant be bothered updating policies on 15+ schools so it can wait

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12