+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Autodesk Inventor 2009 Professional - RM CC4 in Technical; Has anybody had the pleasure of installing Autodesk Inventor 2009 Professional on RM CC4? After much tweaking we have got ...

Thank Post

Autodesk Inventor 2009 Professional - RM CC4

Has anybody had the pleasure of installing Autodesk Inventor 2009 Professional on RM CC4?

After much tweaking we have got it running on CC3 but it seems to have issues with CC4.

I could go into a lot of detail about what I've tried but firstly I would like to see if anyone has an interest in working with me to install this or has already been successful.

This is such a widely used application and many schools must run some version of it on RM networks yet there is very little support from Autodesk or RM on it.

Autodesk do not support restricted eviroments and RM have apparently advised against networking the product.

Thank Post
    Hi Mate,

We've now had the joy of doing this!, So far I haven't started to build a package but would like to know how everyone else has managed to do this?

Please let me know how you did this,

Regards
    Matt Gibson

Thank Post
    I don't have a high enough post count to PM yet:

Hi, I would be very interested in seeing your working package, we were able to package it on CC3 but not on CC4, the deployment just stop midway through.

I have a word document which covers a lot of this if you supply your email address, I'll forward it on. I'll provide a quick summary.

================================================== ====================================

Give the “everyone” group “full control” permissions over the following folders:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk
    Open the registry editor and give the “everyone” group “full control” permission of the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk

We also found the if the permissions aren't set before 1st run, WSE 3.0 has to be removed and installed again from the deployment image.

To get the Mechanical desktop to run we needed to add a lot of path and file fules and edit the MSI with ORCA to redirect the template to P:\

Allow

AcDeltree.exe(17.2.54.0)

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\*.0001
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\*.ac$
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\*.log
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\AdskCleanup0001.dir.0000\*.pfd
    %userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\AdskCleanup0001.dir.0000\*.tmp

4. Thanks to pauldsimpson from:

MattGibson (27th September 2010)

Thank Post
    The program does run flawlessly on CC4 now but have not been able to deploy it as a package, we current install individually at wach station.

I forgot to post to get picture to import - you have to allow full control over the following reg key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\

Thank Post
    I have packages to set some of the permissions and reinstall WSE if you want them. That should be most post count at 5 and I can reply to your PM!

Thank Post
    Hi Paul,

That's great could you email it to me? I'll PM my email address over to you know. I can only assume its a working package under systemadmin I have yet to test this under Students user account.

To package this I used their deployment tool to create the MSI and MST on to a server share. Then by using the Application Wizard I ran the following:
    P:\AutoDesk\Revit 2011\AdminImage\RevitSetup\RevitMEP>msiexec.exe /i "autodesk revit x86.msi" Transforms="autodesk revit x86-autodesk revit.mst"

Make sure you got enough space on the server. I hope this help, I'll try your document this afternoon hopefully it will work for us!

Regards
    Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread