+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, autodesk inventor 2008 hell - inventor studio not showing up in Technical; Hi All, we are running Autodesk Inventor 2008 in our College. I am trying to do this tutorial to replicate ...
    Thank Post

autodesk inventor 2008 hell - inventor studio not showing up

Hi All,

we are running Autodesk Inventor 2008 in our College. I am trying to do this tutorial to replicate the problem: Autodesk - Autodesk Inventor Services & Support - Skill Builder - Studio – Animate Camera

I come to step 4 and "Inventor Studio" is not in the application drop down menu.

I have checked our Inventor package and rebuilt it using the latest SP3 and all components, and in the autodesk add-in manager studio is set to automatic at startup, however it is just not available as an option in the menu

Inventor Studio shows up as startup/loaded in my add in manager

I've run the registerStudio command as detailed (whilst Inventor 2008 was NOT running) but the Inventor studio button still does appear

We've had this software for almost 2 years now and we have no subscription support. I've posted this in the autodesk forums too but no one seems to know.

Anyone else have this issue if you are unfortunate enough to have this software?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oops_my_bad; 25th March 2009 at 04:12 PM.

Thank Post

Me Too!

I know it's bad form to revive an old thread, but..

I'm having exactly the same issue here with our 2008.. It appears as being loaded, but the only Addin listed is 2D Design.

Any chance you ever sussed out what is going on? I REALLY(!) don't want to have to create a new deployment just to see if it makes any odds.

Cheers,
    Gerard

Thank Post
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply also. Save your time. I created a new deployment and tried dozens of other things. By the time I tried all that and failed, Autocad suite 2010 landed on my desk, so I promptly got to work on that.

Sorry I couldn't help

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oops_my_bad View Post
    Hi,

By the time I tried all that and failed, Autocad suite 2010 landed on my desk, so I promptly got to work on that.
    Heh... Unfortunately, the school isn't going to be shelling out for anything any time soon.

For what it's worth - at the risk of jinxing the Hell out of myself - I did finally get it to work.

I had to create new deployments (yeesh), and I included every single frickin' hotfix Autodesk cared to release for this scuzzy program and opted to merge them into the installer. And it appears to be working. Whether anything else is broken is another matter!

Which is more than can be said for Inventor 2011 which another of our schools has purchased, and Inventor just refuses to even install - but that's a gripe for another day.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, though.

Cheers,
    Gerard

Thank Post
    Glad you got it working. I have a working autocad 2010 suite if (god forbid) you ever get lumbered with that and need help. A mix of GPO MSI's, WMI checks and scripts. An absoloute dogs dinner. But it works

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread