+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Smart Senteo v2 - combining assessment gradebooks in Technical; I like the look of Senteo v2 so far and there is alot to offer teachers in terms of scope ...
    Thank Post

Smart Senteo v2 - combining assessment gradebooks

I like the look of Senteo v2 so far and there is alot to offer teachers in terms of scope for using clickers consistently to build up data on pupils across the whole school, long term. It seems a great idea that you can add tags to the types of question - like French, Listening, Verbs and compare with History, Listening, WW2 or even English, Spelling, Verbs to see how children do with common skill areas across different subjects, teachers, etc. Potentially very powerful information to inform personalised teaching strategies and all that.

Question is - has anyone tried combining the Senteo gradebooks or Excel exports of this data to analyse whether the info is actually useable? I called Smart Tech in Canada and they admit this is an area for development as the tools they currently package in the new Assessment Manager softwore only examines individual gradebooks. So I've put in a feature request. Does anyone know, are the tags actually filterable? Can you offer any advice on what tags to adopt (promote teachers to use consistently)?

Thank Post
    Thought I'd give this a bump.
    This product is now called Response and there are some fancy new handsets available.
    Regardsless the principals are still the same.
    This has grown in popularity with our teachers and kids but Smart themselves don't seem to be doing anthing clever with the backend...

I'd love to hear from anyone who is recording and sharing quiz results either within smart utils or excel and sharing pupil data effectively.
    Especially if you are making use of tags to compare common aspects to the kids answers.
    Any hints on how teachers can roam their results with their application data and share data with other teachers - at present we export all quiz results to excel and save in a common area.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread