+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Promethean Inspire Edition in Technical; Anyone tried the new Activsoftware Inspire Edition from Promethean? Activsoftware Inspire Edition : Teaching Software : Products : Promethean...
    Thank Post

Promethean Inspire Edition

Anyone tried the new Activsoftware Inspire Edition from Promethean?

Activsoftware Inspire Edition : Teaching Software : Products : Promethean

Thank Post
    I'm currently trialing it in our IT suite and plan to roll it out to the whole school once the final version is released. I'm quite impressed with it and the staff that have used it so far like it also. I'm glad they've merged studio and primary into one code base and by the looks of it have stopped charging extra for the "network" version.

Thank Post
    I believe the full version was released yesterday wasn't it!

4. Thanks to FatBoy from:

garethedmondson (7th March 2009)

Thank Post
    I have been using the Beta and now am running the release and overall am very happy with it. There are a few quirks which as soon as they are ironed out, I will be installing it on all computers. Professional for the IWB computers and personal for everything else.

6. Thanks to AndyD from:

Thank Post
    Has anyone else been testing the mac version. There still seem to be some issues with the ActiVote system on this platform.

The issues i am seeing are when the activote system is running and you are answering questions the last activote egg to answer seems to have a delay. The box does not go yellow either. This does make it difficult to work out whether the last user has answered or not.

The other main issue is that when you register the eggs and then close the questions/flipchart down, upon re-opening you have to re-register the eggs before you can re-take the questions.

Also just a little bit of annoyance is how the results are displayed after the questions have answered. They have a pop up window, and when you click on the flipchart to go to the next/previous page the results disappear behind. Also when flipping through the pages the results do not update the one window. You end up having multiple windows open. Again this makes viewing the results more difficult than it was in version 3.

8. Thanks to HodgeHi from:

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is there a new driver version?

GJE

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Is there a new driver version?

GJE
    The latest drivers released were August 2008, so I don't think they are any new drivers to go with the software yet.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Also you can use this with any type of IE whiteboard at all..

Russ

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    The latest drivers released were August 2008, so I don't think they are any new drivers to go with the software yet.
    Actually, I've just installed this onto a VM on my MAC book and it includes a new driver as part of the install. v.5.1.1.25.

Thank Post
    We have the ActivExpression voting handsets and wondered if there’s a way to set expression up on one machine and copy the configuration to the other class machines so I don’t have to go round the whole school manually adding each expression handset

Thank Post
    Hi everyone,

Someone has already eluded to it, but the full version was released on March 1st. It is now availible on 3 platforms - Windows, Mac and Linux (Only Ubuntu at the moment), and also includes a new version of the driver.

Info about it is all over our website at the moment, so feel free to look on there for any further info.

(Jobos - with your Activexpression question, everything is actually registered to the 2.4GHz hub, so there are no device config files located on the system any more - the idea being, you register your Expressions to the hub, and then you can plug the hub into any PC, and the handsets will be registered)

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

15. Thanks to cmssbrie from:

Jobos (9th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmssbrie View Post
    (Jobos - with your Activexpression question, everything is actually registered to the 2.4GHz hub, so there are no device config files located on the system any more - the idea being, you register your Expressions to the hub, and then you can plug the hub into any PC, and the handsets will be registered)

If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!
    Hi cmssbrie

I take it this is not the same for the standard ACTIVote devices?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    Hi cmssbrie

I take it this is not the same for the standard ACTIVote devices?
    It depends on what type of Activotes you have. There are two kinds - RF and 2.4GHz ones. If you have the RF ones, these will register through your board / egg shaped hub and will store to a .dev file on the machine (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software). If you have the 2.4GHz ones - which you register through 2.4GHz hub (which looks like a normal pen drive), this will be the same as the Expression devices - meaning you could register them to 1 hub, and plug that hub into any computer and use them without re - registration.

I think the 2.4GHz votes were released about 18 months ago, but you can identify them either by the hub, or the wifi logo that is on the devices.

HTH

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,502 Posts
    I see that existing users can upgrade to inspire for free when entering an existing ActivStudio serial number.

Can I use one serial and upgrade all of my laptops? Has anyone deployed the msi's using gpo yet?

The setup file you download extracts the msi's to your temp folder.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I see that existing users can upgrade to inspire for free when entering an existing ActivStudio serial number.

Can I use one serial and upgrade all of my laptops? Has anyone deployed the msi's using gpo yet?

The setup file you download extracts the msi's to your temp folder.

Ben
    The serial number question is one that is still being worked on at the minute, but basically, there are 2 versions - personal and professional, personal is installed by default, and then you 'upgrade' to Professional by entering a CD key, or connecting your Promethean board or hub to your machine - so Professional is actually Personal with more functionality (such as handwriting recognition and stuff like that - that you would probably only use on a board anyway - the actual installer is the same one)

When you run the installer, there is also an option to create the network package - this will create .msi's for the driver and software - one thing to point out, is that this will only create them if you don't have Inspire or Activdriver 5 installed - this just saves you from getting the stuff from the temp folders!

20. 2 Thanks to cmssbrie:

jumpinjamez (10th March 2009), Sylv3r (10th March 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast