+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, 3GP / Mov video in PowerPoint in Technical; A course requires users to import their mobile phone / camera videos into PowerPoint, the videos are in MOV and ...

Thank Post

3GP / Mov video in PowerPoint

A course requires users to import their mobile phone / camera videos into PowerPoint, the videos are in MOV and 3GP format which PowerPoint doesn't support.

Are they any free (preferred!) or paid video conversion tools to make these videos compatible with PowerPoint?

Thank Post
    VLC Player has a command line option for converting file formats. I've not used it for MOV or 3GP but I believe it supports them.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player]VLC media player - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I used the following command line in a batch file to convert "one.spx" audio file to "one.mp3". Could have set it to be a bit more intelligent for bulk file management but it was just a trial.

vlc -vvv "C:\one.spx" --sout=#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=128}:standard{access =file,mux=mp4,dst="C:\one.mp3"} vlc://quit

A similar query on PC Advisor leads to http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html but I've not used this yet.
    Last edited by jdoyle; 22nd January 2009 at 02:17 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread