+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Adobe CS3 Web Standard Licensing Prob in Technical; Has anybody had a problem with CS3 Web Standard where an attempt to run one of the programs throws up ...
    Thank Post

Adobe CS3 Web Standard Licensing Prob

Has anybody had a problem with CS3 Web Standard where an attempt to run one of the programs throws up an error?:

"Licensing for this product has stopped working"

Have applied every fix in this knowledge base article:

Error "Licensing for this product has stopped working" when you start any Adobe Creative Suite 3 application

Still doesn't work.

Can't download a copy as it won't allow me to do so from the licensing site.

Spent 45 mins on the phone to their licensing support only to be shunted to tech support where I spent another 45 mins waiting, only to be told by the bloke on the other end that it should only be run from an administrator account... *COUGH*.... you wot?????? Er, yeah, I'm really going to give our kids admin rights...

Having suspended my utter disbelief that this can possibly be the case, I've not found any other info to support this, other than trying with a student test account with admin rights which managed to get one of the programs running as far as requesting the license key which I had already input under my own account???????

Any thoughts? I know some of you have managed to get this piece of crap working but I can't see where I could have possibly cocked it up as it's on a completely clean build, installed straight from the DVD...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busybub View Post
    I can't see where I could have possibly cocked it up as it's on a completely clean build, installed straight from the DVD...
    I've just been sorting out our install of Adobe CS3 today. I followed the instructions in the Adobe CS3 Deployment PDF. Damn thing's 10 pages long, should be right... From the instructions there I created a silent install with a configuration file pre-filled with our CS3 serial number. When I left this evening my PC was chugging away as if it was installing something, which is vaguely encouraging.

The silent install runs from a script or the command line - I plan to simply have a user called "install" that runs install scripts for all our software.

--
    David Hicks

3. Thanks to dhicks from:

Busybub (2nd October 2008)

Thank Post
    Cheers mate!

I'll give that a go when I'm back in tomorrow.

I'm sensing a conspiracy here, every piece of software I've received since start of term has thrown up some sort of problem *grrrr*

10 pages eh? There goes my day (again)...

Thank Post
    I'll give that a go when I'm back in tomorrow
    Update: Said silent install of CS3 seems to work fine on my machine, but not on the librarian's. We haven't tried on other machines yet. The librarian does have CS2 installed on his machine at the moment, mind, so it's probably something to do with that - you're probably best off removing any currently installed copy of Creative Studio or individual components from your machines (or re-imaging them, of you can). The error message reported by the silent installer doesn't help much ("Error 7 - Could not complete the silent workflow") and the install log files don't tell us anything either.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Should have started this one under FFS! instead...

My opinion of Adobe has gone down considerably in the last 7 hours! I'm wondering whether they employed a chimp to write these instructions, if his brother wrote the code, and if their relatives work in Adobe tech support. I thought a network install of the full Abacus suite was a joke but this one takes the biscuit!

Getting the same error code over here too, on whichever computer I try it on.

Any chance you can attach your install/uninstall.xml and application.xml.override (minus your key obviously)? Read something online about the formatting of the files potentially causing problems. Regenerated mine in notepad saving as utf-8 but still no joy.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Getting the same error code over here too, on whichever computer I try it on.
    Sure, files are attached in a ZIP:

application.xml.override, which on my system is kept at:
    P:\CreativeSuite\3\payloads\AdobeDesignSuitePremiu men_US_Volume

install.xml and Uninstall.xml, which on my system are kept at:
    P:\CreativeSuite\3

As far as I know I haven't done anything different to what the instructions in the PDF file say - simply used the "record=1" paramaeter to generate install/uninstall, dodn't change anything is those files, then just copy-and-pasted application.xml.override straight from the PDF and typed in the serial number (no dashes, and make sure you stick it in the correct payload folder, if that's any help).

You should note that I'm only using this install on freshly-imaged, brand new machines. Seemingly CS3's install routine checks for 1GB of RAM, although it will actually work with 512MB okay.

--
    David Hicks
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. 2 Thanks to dhicks:

Busybub (6th October 2008), K.C.Leblanc (7th October 2008)

Thank Post
    Only have Application, Content and Video folders at the root of my copy of CS3.
    No AdobeDesignSuitePremiu men_US_Volume folder in payloads

I'm working on Application\Adobe CS3\payloads\AdobeWebSuiteStandarden_US_Volume
    This is the one which shows up as the driver folder in setup.xml

Main setup.exe from which the record mode was run is in Application\Adobe CS3, which is where my install.xml and uninstall.xml are located.

Can't see where it's obviously gone wrong as I've done exactly the same as you have other than sticking the files in differently named folders (even went as far as putting it in every payload folder just to be sure!). Even tried with --skipProcessCheck=1 and it still stops at the same point.

Somehow I managed to get exit code 6 on one attempt, but never seen it since.

Using 512RAM, but my box of RAM for the ICT room has finally shown up so I'll chuck a gig in just to be certain that is not the problem.

.... onwards with round two!!! *GRRRRR*

Thank Post
    Doh! What was I thinking? Of course your install.xml and uninstall.xml aren't going to work, we're running different licensing! *slap myself*

On the other hand, tried the application override jobbie and it still wasn't having it.

Ran CS3Cleanscript, tried again - same error

Built another new workstation - same error

Did endless troubleshooting of msiinstaller errors popping up in the logs - same error

Built a new workstation not on network - same error

Took out --mode=silent from the command line, got exit code 0 and ran a visual install without license prompt, and for the moment it seems to have done the trick on my non-networked workstation...

FFS! Are they having a laugh????? I've p*ssed away over a week on this! Can't believe it can be something this bloody simple and there's no mention of it anywhere!

I've had enough, coming back in on Wednesday to try it out on the live workstations, I'm off home.....

Thank Post
    Has anybody had a problem with CS3 Web Standard where an attempt to run one of the programs throws up an error?:

"Licensing for this product has stopped working"
    Nope, on the machines we have managed to get it on all works okay. Now getting it onto the rest of the PCs is another issue. The general consensus is that it is a big pile of

Thank Post
    Took out --mode=silent from the command line, got exit code 0 and ran a visual install without license prompt, and for the moment it seems to have done the trick on my non-networked workstation...
    We had the lower 6th in to use the snazzy new media suite today - all the PCs seemed to work fine, except one, which gave a licensing error message. This is where I'm heartily glad I took the trouble of setting up and imaging each machine - tomorrow I'll simply re-image the machine and see if that sorts the problem. I'll try and remember to double-check and see if I can figure out anything different I've done.

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post

'nuff said

.... round three

Thank Post
    ... and as luck with have it the kb article is currently not available

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    all the PCs seemed to work fine, except one, which gave a licensing error message.
    Yep, reimaging the machine seemed to sort the problem okay. I'm now getting CS3 installed on our new teacher laptops, seems to be going okay so far.

The commands I'm using the install CS3:

P:\CreativeSuite\3\Setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=P:\CreativeSuite\3\install.xml
    P:\Fireworks\CS3\Setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=P:\Fireworks\CS3\install.xml
    P:\AdobeAcrobat\9.Pro\Setup.exe
    mkdir C:\programs >nul 2>&1
    mkdir C:\programs\CreativeSuiteExtras >nul 2>&1
    xcopy P:\CreativeSuiteExtras C:\programs\CreativeSuiteExtras /E

Drive P is simply mounted from a network share on a file server.

--
    David Hicks[/QUOTE]

Thank Post
    Yep, reimaging the machine seemed to sort the problem okay. I'm now getting CS3 installed on our new teacher laptops, seems to be going okay so far.
    I'm heading that way too.

Giving up on the existing installs though, none of the suggested fixes seems to work. CS3Cleanscript doesn't help, even after using CCleaner to clear up the stray registry entries it doesn't remove.

26 computers to rebuild.... *grrrr*

The commands I'm using the install CS3:

P:\CreativeSuite\3\Setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile=P:\CreativeSuite\3\install.xml

Drive P is simply mounted from a network share on a file server.

David Hicks
    I'm still having to leave out the "--mode=silent" switch. Have no idea why it's not working as advertised. Think I'll have to go along with Joe's assessment, it's just a big pile of

Thank Post
    26 computers to rebuild.... *grrrr*
    20 machines all working on my nice, shiny new reimaging system - I simply log on as the "reimage" user and wait for around 10 minutes. <smug>.

Trusty assistant now coming in every Wednesday afternoon to help put rest of school machines on nice, shiny new reimaging system. <evenSmugger>.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast