This is not looking good
After running a battery of tests on a stand alone unit, adding bits of software one at a time, it was all looking good... until joining it to the domain.
At first, thought it might be a software conflict, so I rolled it back to the previous one which appeared to be OK, but every time I join it to the domain it just doesn't work! *ARGH*
Created a new OU with no policies and a brand new user. Same problem.
Looks like one of two possibilities:
1)Something in the default domain policy.
2)Something to do with a network issue we've had since reinstalling from backup due to a primary DC failure.
I could be screwed if it's #1! I'm definitely screwed if it's #2!!!
Anybody got any advise, short of chucking myself out of the window???
To add insult to injury, I just got the latest issue of PC Pro through the door, with at least half a dozen pages dedicated to a review of the whole of CS4 - article starts off pointing out that this looks like " a substantial upgrade"...
Quit. Dump her. Go fishing.Anybody got any advise, short of chucking myself out of the window???
Anyhoo... methinks I may have cracked it:
Looks like users need Bypass Traverse Checking enabled.
Seems to be working on all of my computers now, hopefully it will stay that way or I'm going to scream! Still getting exit code 7 when following the official instructions though, so something else is amiss, but at least I can start getting these out now.
dhicks (13th October 2008)
Ah ha! Thanks, that might come in handy to know.Looks like users need Bypass Traverse Checking enabled.
I've wasted so much time troubleshooting (not helped by cryptic error codes and useless technical support who seem to know less than the people posting on the Adobe forums) that it seems the only productive and relatively safe way of doing it is from a completely clean build.
According to MS:
Bypass Traverse Checking "Determines which users can traverse directory trees even though the user may not have permissions on the traversed directory. This privilege does not allow the user to list the contents of a directory, only to traverse directories."
"In some situations, it may be difficult to determine which resources must grant anonymous access, or to modify the permissions on all the necessary resources. If so, you can configure Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to permit anonymous access by the Everyone group"
From another site:
"Put succinctly, bypass traverse checking gives a process the ability to skip security checks on intermediate directories or Registry keys when it opens a file, directory or Registry key"
I tried resetting to Not Configured and it still didn't work, so added in Authenticated Users.
Looks OK at the moment, the applications actually launch! Will find out if there are any further issues when everybody starts using it. Read on a couple of forums that some installations mysteriously stopped working and displayed the the licensing error message many months after the initial install so I'm not going to hold my breath, it could be fatal
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)