+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, promethean activotes in Technical; i am having a problem with one classroom with promethean activotes. when i set up them and sync them with ...

Thank Post

promethean activotes

i am having a problem with one classroom with promethean activotes. when i set up them and sync them with the computer they appear to link up fine. When i go back to test them all of the activotes have different numbers than what i programmed them to have. Its not a predictable mismatch either. I have tried adding them time after time and un-install and re-install. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 803 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi
    Welcome to the forums btw
    Do they work with other boards?
    Do they have a dock or do they use the board as the receiver?
    Is the version of the driver/board firmware the same as working boards (if applicable)?

Thank Post
    Definately first port of call would be to check the driver.
    What level of user are you registering the pods as?

Thank Post
    What we do here for our activvotes, i set them all up on one board and added each activvote. This then saves the list in the the location
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev
    &
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev
    Created a simple batch file to replace that each time the user logs on, as i found alot of the time problems arose with staff fiddling around and changing the order on the computer. I would add them all then take a copy of the activote.dev file.

This is the batch file.
    Code:
    copy "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activotebackup.dev" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev" /y

copy "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activotebackup.dev" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev" /y

5. Thanks to tomscaper from:

Sylv3r (26th September 2008)

Thank Post
    thanks for the help everyone. I am joining them as an Adminsitrator. I have not tried updating the driver yet because i saw that everyone else on the old driver that this person is using were not having issues. They use the board as the receiver. The driver to update is the ActivDriver correct?

Thank Post
    Yes thats right what version of activstudio are you using, and what model whiteboards do you have. Just download the new driver from the promethean website and try that out. What version driver are you currently using.

Quote Originally Posted by droberson2 View Post
    thanks for the help everyone. I am joining them as an Adminsitrator. I have not tried updating the driver yet because i saw that everyone else on the old driver that this person is using were not having issues. They use the board as the receiver. The driver to update is the ActivDriver correct?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscaper View Post
    What we do here for our activvotes, i set them all up on one board and added each activvote. This then saves the list in the the location
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev
    &
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev
    Created a simple batch file to replace that each time the user logs on, as i found alot of the time problems arose with staff fiddling around and changing the order on the computer. I would add them all then take a copy of the activote.dev file.

This is the batch file.
    Code:
    copy "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activotebackup.dev" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev" /y

copy "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activotebackup.dev" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Activ Software\Device Registration\activote.dev" /y
    Very useful thanks, I always wondered where it saved the registration info.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread