+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, LanSchool myster in Technical; Yesterday we had an interesting problem. In a certain room, the screens were 'blanking' after someone logged into the machine. ...

Thank Post

LanSchool myster

Yesterday we had an interesting problem. In a certain room, the screens were 'blanking' after someone logged into the machine.

Suddenly they worked fine - I'm thinking there is a tutor clash somewhere but I can't think where off the top of my head.

More so the question is if I had my admin console on Channel 0, why couldn't I unblank the screens?

Thank Post
    From the View menu select Status Window, this will continually work its way round all teacher machines and tell you what state they are in and which channel they are broadcasting on.

You are given the teachers computer name its ip, channel running on, what its controlling/limiting

Limiting web access
    Limiting applications
    Limiting printing
    Limiting usb drives
    Blanking Screens
    Remote control <student id> <computer name>

You can also get the same info by running security.exe file from the utilities folder. Additional benefit of this you can send it to a log file.

Thank Post
    Tomlin is right on. However, if you can't figure it out we'd be glad to help out. Please e-mail support@lanschool.com if you'd like us to help...

Thanks,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by tomlin View Post
    From the View menu select Status Window, this will continually work its way round all teacher machines and tell you what state they are in and which channel they are broadcasting on.

You are given the teachers computer name its ip, channel running on, what its controlling/limiting

Limiting web access
    Limiting applications
    Limiting printing
    Limiting usb drives
    Blanking Screens
    Remote control <student id> <computer name>

You can also get the same info by running security.exe file from the utilities folder. Additional benefit of this you can send it to a log file.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread