+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Bah...stupid damn Framework software in Technical; Anyone got this stuff? Oxford Framework Maths Coursemaster 7 , 8 and 9 the devil is called. Its one of ...
    Thank Post

Bah...stupid damn Framework software

Anyone got this stuff?

Oxford Framework Maths Coursemaster 7 , 8 and 9 the devil is called.

Its one of these so called teaching aids, you know the ones, runs in web browser, uses just about every gimmick known to man, activex, shockwave flash, java, shockjava wave-x, activeflashjavashock blah blah blah.

Maths department wanted it installed on their machines over the break, just gone to install it, runs...and just sits there on the splash page. Doesnt seem to do anything else at all.

Ironically when you install it, it appears to install java 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 and shockwave flash player version 0.1 pre-alpha, 1977 release. So guess it could be that it just doesnt run with the latest java and flash (which of course are on our machines).

Still, on the plus side, one less thing to do during the break

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Re: Bah...stupid damn Framework software

I have had some similar software want to use ancient version, it caused no end of upset when I refused to break good new software for this "new" rubbish. Cannot remember what it was, but it was not good software at all.

Thank Post

Got this. Another quality educational application(!)

Are you running it directly from the CD? The applet on the intro page checks for the presence of the CD in your drive. Some sort of naff copy protection i think. Totally pointless as we have a site license! Anyway i got around this by copying it to the laptop and then creating a shortcut that points to main.swf.

Thank Post

yeah , I tried from cd, and also tried copying the contents across.

The splash page comes up, with the little loading indicator, then says a title, something like Framework Coursemaster Maths 7 (think it was light blue text on a plain white background), then just kind of sits there, cant click on anything or interact with it.

Cant remember if I tried pointing it to main.swf or home.swf though, I will try pointing it to main.swf sometime later this week

Also found a file called Path.txt which had the file paths in it, tried changing that to point to the copied location, still did the same thing. I could try their website I suppose, but not today...some of this "high production values" software gets on my proverbials

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    yeah , I tried from cd, and also tried copying the contents across.

Also found a file called Path.txt which had the file paths in it, tried changing that to point to the copied location, still did the same thing. I could try their website I suppose, but not today...some of this "high production values" software gets on my proverbials

Daemon Tools?

Thank Post

A possibility, but I am not sure the problem lies in the program reading the right path, I mean the software appears to be starting , just that you cant actually interact with it once its begun (and so cant continue past the opening screen). Thinking its more like some kind of java, flash, active x issue or something

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread