+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, OCR ICT Keystill Computer test in Technical; Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help. We're trying to setup the OCR Keyskills ICT Computer Based testing this year, and ...
    Thank Post

OCR ICT Keystill Computer test

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help.

We're trying to setup the OCR Keyskills ICT Computer Based testing this year, and it's all installed on one of our servers fine.

We've got around 50 students taking keyskills ict, and we've decided to do about 25 students at a time, so they're in 1 ict suite.

We're getting to installing the i-assessment runtime and ocr exams on our clients, and it installs fine.

When we run it as an admin, it runs fine, but as a student it say c:\windows\system32\configs\examinerxxxxxxxxxx.cfg does not exist.
    Yes it does, and we have allowed full access to the server side part, the program files folder, and the system32\configs folder (all on a test station that students don't use).

Any Ideas!?

Chris

Thank Post

Re: OCR ICT Keystill Computer test

We have had exactly the same issue here!

When our students log on and click the icon to start the test (on xp clients) it comes up that the databse has crashed and needs to close.

OCR have been no help what-so-ever apart from saying give all your students Admin rights!

I was thinking of creating an "exams" user with admin rights but I need to know how to lock down the machines so all the student can do is run the test and not stuff like open up IE or Word or Calc. I have heard murmers of using Kiosk mode but don't know if that is what we want.

Can anyone guide me through locking these PCs down thorough group policy

Thank Post

Re: OCR ICT Keystill Computer test

Quick Update:
    We did create an exams user with admin rights, installed the client software logged on as him, then after everything was installed we locked down using group policy.
    Also we noticed that the subnet mask and gateway on the server had been typed incorrectly (but that only affected browsing to the share)!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread