+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Alternative to dartfish in Technical; Originally Posted by joan There is a semi-automated tracking function. You first add a drawing of type "cross", then right-click ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joan View Post
    There is a semi-automated tracking function.
    You first add a drawing of type "cross", then right-click it and choose "Track Trajectory" in the contextual menu.
    Then, when you move forward in the video, it will try its best to macth the object and will draw the trajectory.

If you aren't satisfied with what it came up with, you can adjust it manually at any time. (The tracking is somewhat easily lost, as the tracked object passes behind something or change shape, etc.)

I you can reach blip.tv, there is a quick demo of it at the end of this video.

Edit:
    Ok, a range of french IP from the web host were blacklisted by the chinese Great Firewall.
    I changed the geolocalisation of the site to england, and it should be reachable from China within the next few days

Hello, Joan

I am very pleased to tell you that I can get access to Kinovea - Video Analysis Software for Sports now. You are doing marvellous work!
    The semi-automated tracking function works but in some case it loses the target. Is there any way to upgrade the image recognition precision without losing the speed? In the world of image recogintion, there are a lot of algorithms as I heard of.

If the tracking function can automatically track the change of angle in a video, it will be more helpful. I thought the way as to place three cross markers along the apex and two lines, and then to compute the angle frame by frame.

Smith

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    I am very pleased to tell you that I can get access to Kinovea - Video Analysis Software for Sports now.
    Great news

Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    The semi-automated tracking function works but in some case it loses the target. Is there any way to upgrade the image recognition precision without losing the speed? In the world of image recogintion, there are a lot of algorithms as I heard of.
    Yes, the tracking can be lost a bit too easily.
    I've started to look into more advanced algorithms for it, since they will be needed for future functions anyway. However I don't know when exactly I will be able to start working on this, as the todo-list is growing and priorities need to be defined.
    And yes, the algo I'm considering are scale and rotation invariant. I expect them to slow things down, but robustness is probably more important.

Thanks for the feedback.
    I guess this is starting to be a bit off topic… I think I'll start a new topic not to pollute this one.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joan View Post
    There is a semi-automated tracking function.
    You first add a drawing of type "cross", then right-click it and choose "Track Trajectory" in the contextual menu.
    Then, when you move forward in the video, it will try its best to macth the object and will draw the trajectory.

If you aren't satisfied with what it came up with, you can adjust it manually at any time. (The tracking is somewhat easily lost, as the tracked object passes behind something or change shape, etc.)

I you can reach blip.tv, there is a quick demo of it at the end of this video.

Edit:
    Ok, a range of french IP from the web host were blacklisted by the chinese Great Firewall.
    I changed the geolocalisation of the site to england, and it should be reachable from China within the next few days
    Hello, Joan

Now I can access to the homepage. Thank you very much. You are doing excellent work!
    I wish kinovea will be evoluted to a versatile and sophisticated sport analysis solution. If the tracking function becomes more accurate, it will be better. I wonder if there is any good and rapid image recogintion algorithm suitable for it. Moreover if an angle can be automatically tracked, it will be more powerful.

Thanks again.

Smith

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12