+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, Microsmile in Technical; You might be interested in this software ....
    Thank Post
    You might be interested in this software.

Thank Post
    Hi Steve,

Any ideas where our school can get the MicroSmile Transformations Software from? The IT guys rebuilt the school network and can't find what is (was) a great and really useful set of programs...(maybe someone took it with them when they moved schools). It was easily the best way of showing translations/rotations/enlargements/reflections.

Regards,
    Jase

Thank Post
    Jase
    I have the original installation disk - if you want to email a postal address, I'll slip a copy in the post. If you would be interested in purchasing the other Maths software then please let me know - 65 for all the packages: click here.
    Cheers
    Steve

Thank Post
    Hi,

I don't know if you are still following this thread...

We have 5 MicroSmile titles - Angle Estimation, Ratio, Co-ordinates, Numeracy and Probability. I am working on transfering these packages from an RM CC3 network to an RM CC4 network. The first two worked fine but the last 3 did not. Co-ordinates and numeracy failed with this error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have approprieate permissions to access them. The Probability program worked except the Pinball game. Can you offer advice still on what might be the cause and a possible solution, or do you think recreating the packages would solve this. Unfortunately, we do not seem to have the original software media. How do I go about getting hold of these titles?

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
    Hi,

I don't know if you are still following this thread...

We have 5 MicroSmile titles - Angle Estimation, Ratio, Co-ordinates, Numeracy and Probability. I am working on transfering these packages from an RM CC3 network to an RM CC4 network. The first two worked fine but the last 3 did not. Co-ordinates and numeracy failed with this error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have approprieate permissions to access them. The Probability program worked except the Pinball game. Can you offer advice still on what might be the cause and a possible solution, or do you think recreating the packages would solve this. Unfortunately, we do not seem to have the original software media. How do I go about getting hold of these titles?

Thanks.
    Hi,

This error sometimes appears if you are not keeping to the strict DOS eight letter folder convention. Also have you tried just copying the original CC3 folders and file structure and recreate them on the CC4 platform. The older software was never that clever on an install!!

Otherwise, as above, if you let me have a postal address I'll send you an evaluation CD of the TrellisMATHS packages which have been upgraded that I offer. Please look at this link for more info.

Two attachments that might be useful are:
    Pack Versions.pdf
    TrellisMATHS Publicity Factsheet - Overview.pdf

Steve

Thank Post
    Hi Steve
    I used to use the Micro SmMile Graphing Software but have moved schools and we don't have it at my new place.
    Can you let me know where I can get it from?
    And all of the others please.
    Thanks.
    Nisha

Thank Post
    Nisha
    Hi, if you want to respond via the website - click here - I can send you a CD or you can download evaluation software from the site.
    Cheers, Steve

Thank Post
    Hi Steve
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Do you have the Graphing software available?
    Nisha

Thank Post
    Nisha
    If you respond, as mentioned above, with a mailing address I can send you the CD.
    Cheers, Steve

Thank Post
    All

I have had a number of emails recently regarding MicroSMILE and Win7 and/or 64 bit - if you would like to contact me though this forum or via my website I will be happy to help: www.trellis-est.co.uk

Cheers

Steve

Thank Post
    Steve, not sure if you stillfollowing this thread, but I hope you can help. I also have used the graphing and transformations software for years....I love it! I can still get it to work on our updated systems too - well Transf, not tried Graphing for a while. My question is about the licence. As Microsmile are no longer inexistence, then does that mean I should be free to use the software in my new establishment? Look forward to hearing from you. Nicky

Thank Post
    Nicky
    Yep, still follow the thread (although I do get an email notification, just in case I might miss something). Interesting about your comments re. Graphing and Transformations, what operating system are you running them on as I was under the impression they would work with later Windows OSs?
    As for the Smile licences I would go ahead and install, nobody is going to be any the wiser, presuming you have the original disks.
    Also, try out the new later stuff on my site (see links above) or email me, via the site and I'll send you an evaluation CD of all the software.
    Cheers, and maybe speak later, Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information