+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Educational Software Thread, Edexcel Promissor (problem) in Technical; Originally Posted by JonahIJ Anybodya had any issues with the update? ESM Server update went fine, but when we tried ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahIJ View Post
    Anybodya had any issues with the update? ESM Server update went fine, but when we tried it on the workstations, Promissor told us there was an update available, OK, extracted some files to run setup.exe, then... nothing. Nothing at all.

Can't even run the installer to do a fresh install as it won't allow it.
    We had this problem here this morning also with full administrator rights to the workstations.

I downloaded the latest Administrator client from the Catglobal website and rolled that out to the workstations over the top of the old client - was a bit of a pain with all the kids sitting waiting to start the tests!

2. Thanks to Sylv3r from:

JonahIJ (15th July 2008)

Thank Post
    May I ask how you deployed it? Edexcel told me I would have to install it manually to each PC, if I wanted a method of deployment I would need to generate my own MSI for it. Since it started off as 'we only need it on 4 or 5 PC's' I didn't bother MSI'ing it to start with, it has since grown in blobs of 2-3 up to approx 110 PCs .

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    May I ask how you deployed it? Edexcel told me I would have to install it manually to each PC, if I wanted a method of deployment I would need to generate my own MSI for it. Since it started off as 'we only need it on 4 or 5 PC's' I didn't bother MSI'ing it to start with, it has since grown in blobs of 2-3 up to approx 110 PCs .
    Created and rolled out an MSI as you have said. It includes the name and location of the ECM server so once it is installed on the machines its ready to go.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahIJ View Post
    Anybodya had any issues with the update? ESM Server update went fine, but when we tried it on the workstations, Promissor told us there was an update available, OK, extracted some files to run setup.exe, then... nothing. Nothing at all.

Can't even run the installer to do a fresh install as it won't allow it.
    after the administrator server downloads the client, you need to run the update manually, it will not launch after you download the client, the update will be located in the "updates" folder within your ESM shared folder.

this avatar is new ->
    Last edited by MyDejaVu; 17th July 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Thought we were done for these this year but we will be doing some on results day maybe. So server install goes ok then I need a manual update on each machine? Hmm think I will rebuild the machines and install fresh just to be on the safe side.

Thank Post
    I was just about to go mad because this morning I have some exams booked, and when I logged in to unlock the exams,,,,, it brought an error .... cannot connet to promissor,,, fortunately I had downloaded the tests two days ago,,,, anyway after some more calls from the staff complaining that they did not have Internet, then I realized why I could not connect with the promissor server........

Thank Post
    Hi,

I know its an old thread but.....

I repacked the administrator program with WinstallLE and it works okay, but I have to login as administrator once and run it otherwise it complains that it can't create a directory. I have given the kiddies full rights the programs directory. Any one come across this?

conrad

ps.

if anyone wants the MSI pm me. (hopefully with the directory thingy fixed

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234