+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Smart Notebook 10 in Technical; LAT is installed to a network share, with a reg change in the MSI/MST file to tell it where to ...
    Thank Post
    LAT is installed to a network share, with a reg change in the MSI/MST file to tell it where to look. Didn't try installing it locally, as I wanted to keep the install time down. Exactly the same as with the Gallery.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    LAT is installed to a network share, with a reg change in the MSI/MST file to tell it where to look. Didn't try installing it locally, as I wanted to keep the install time down. Exactly the same as with the Gallery.
    Ok thanks for the reply, just though with us being able to deploy the gallery we would be able to do the same with th LAT.

Thank Post
    I've just deployed it via GPO on one of my sites. Lesson activity toolkit works fine. Using the smart install manager it is possible to chose whether you want the toolkit installed (under gallary content). I pointed both toolkit and gallary to a shared UNC path that students and teachers have access to.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robunger View Post
    I've just deployed it via GPO on one of my sites. Lesson activity toolkit works fine. Using the smart install manager it is possible to chose whether you want the toolkit installed (under gallary content). I pointed both toolkit and gallary to a shared UNC path that students and teachers have access to.
    Thanks for reply.

This is the way i have tried it and it installs the gallery but not the toolkit even though i have checked the toolkit box.

Are your gallery files and LAT files in the same location?

Thank Post
    Are you using the smart install manager? Under the gallary content screen there is a button (install, no checkbox so maybe check version of install manager? Mine is 1.0.38.1) for both components, then under that there is a share gallery content section. This part only allows you to specify one UNC path (mine is \\serverdc01\public\smart gallary). Inside this I have folders for both the toolkit and the gallery.

Thank Post
    Yes i am using the Smart Install Manager and its the same version you are using.

I am choosing to 'Install the Gallery on each computer' and pointing it to the location of the gallery files wher i have the LAT files also.

Thank Post
    I've just looked at my MSIs again and note that I've actually created a second MSI to deliver the reg keys for the Gallery and LAT, which reminds me that I couldn't include these locations using the Install Manager for some reason.

Thank Post
    Hmm havent played with that option, where are the files on the local machine being installed too? Are your source files sepearted the way mine are?

eg.
    "\\serverdc01\public\smart gallary\Lesson Activity Toolkit 1.0"
    "\\serverdc01\public\smart gallary\SMART Essentials for Educators"

if they are it might be worth checking NTFS permissions on each of the source folders to see if domain users have read access?

Thank Post
    All the gallery files are extracted to a location on the server wher i tell the install manager to point to and this works well. The LAT files are also extracted to the same place but wont install

will just have to keep at it!

Thank Post
    Anyone using the latest installer?

Does it still do the self healing for the HKCU when a new user logs in?

Thank Post
    Anyone got the problem if notebook cant find welcome.exe when running notebook, when using the Install Manager??

Thank Post
    I used IM, and we have the welcome screen (most staff have turned it off though!)

Thank Post
    SMART Notebook 10 software service pack 2
    Version: SMART Notebook: 10.0.522.2 released May 21, 2009

SMART Board drivers service pack 5
    Version: SMART Board drivers: 10.0.314.5 released May 21, 2009

Download details
    File size: 195.5 MB
    Download page here

UK technical Support 08450 724 999

Thank Post

A day late and a dollar short

Hello all - deepest apologies for making this my first post, but it seems like there's a lot of you going through the same trouble I have for nearly two years. I manage about 450 clients via Altiris seat management software, and one of the principals insisted that all student stations and teacher stations <MUST> have SMARTBoard available. I only wish I'd found this forum before all the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Someone asked about the .MSI files - it could have been better stated in the site documentation, but that's kind of what the Administrator programs are for; they can both extract the .MSI and craft an appropriate .MST file. I found out the hard way that the locations involved matter quite a bit, so creating .MST files tend to reference the workstation you're using rather than prompting you for the directory you prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by eean View Post
    You could make the mst and just run it as a command, e.g:
    msiexec /i "e:\smartnotebook.msi" transfoms="mytransfom.mst" /qb+

I tried the above without the quotes and it didn't work. So I asked Smart and they said put quotes in even if there aren't any spaces (this is non-standard... typical smart!) I haven't actually tested it though because I use AD installs.
    The /qb+ switch at the end just means it will run straight through without asking questions. Use /qb- and it won't display a 'done' screen at the end.
    I, too, had the "malfunctioning .MST" problems since I have to script (and don't control my own GPO's); it turns out that finicky syntax is generally to blame. This (single) line works for me:
    msiexec /i "\\WPNYCX-Altiris\Express\Software\Smartboard\Notebook Software.msi" /q transforms="\\WPNYCX-Altiris\Express\Software\Smartboard\Smartboard10.m st"

And once I can get it to slurp down the .MST file, then the shared resources on a mapped network drive work flawlessly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JiB410 View Post
    SMART Notebook 10 software service pack 2
    Version: SMART Notebook: 10.0.522.2 released May 21, 2009

SMART Board drivers service pack 5
    Version: SMART Board drivers: 10.0.314.5 released May 21, 2009

Download details
    File size: 195.5 MB
    Download page here

UK technical Support 08450 724 999

I might have known Just spent most of tonight getting the previous version packaged up using install manager. At least it works (suprisingly).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast