+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122
Educational Software Thread, Smart Notebook 10 in Technical; Well i did come up with a reg hack to hide the tool but i was hoping for a better ...
  1. #91
    apeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,612
    Thank Post
    95
    Thanked 115 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    42
    Well i did come up with a reg hack to hide the tool but i was hoping for a better solution.

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    64
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    We have a workable solution thats being deployed to our live environment. There are a few workarounds you have to make on top of the MSI/MST install. The MSI version of the Notebook installer used is 10.0.126, and this package will upgrade existing SB 9.7 which is what we have in our environment.

    1. Copy the installer MSI locally, the msi does not create local installer, so it does not play well when self healing is invoked.
    2. Copy Essentials for Educator folder from a existing install to this directory after the Notebook Installer Completes.(This might be able to be added to the MST, we are using a batch file to run the copy)

    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SMART Technologies\Lesson Activity Toolkit\"

    3. Delete this shortcut to disable startup toolbar.

    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SMART Board Tools.lnk"

  3. #93

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TimJing View Post
    We have a workable solution thats being deployed to our live environment. There are a few workarounds you have to make on top of the MSI/MST install. The MSI version of the Notebook installer used is 10.0.126, and this package will upgrade existing SB 9.7 which is what we have in our environment.

    1. Copy the installer MSI locally, the msi does not create local installer, so it does not play well when self healing is invoked.
    2. Copy Essentials for Educator folder from a existing install to this directory after the Notebook Installer Completes.(This might be able to be added to the MST, we are using a batch file to run the copy)

    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SMART Technologies\Lesson Activity Toolkit\"

    3. Delete this shortcut to disable startup toolbar.

    "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SMART Board Tools.lnk"
    Does anyone have the MSI's available for the newest version?

    I cannot find them anywhere on the website, SMART is not available to contact right now, and their Smart Installation Manager which worked previously on their executables for pulling out hte MSI's will not recognize the latest executables on their website.

    If anyone can host the MSI's that would be amazing.

  4. #94

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruzen View Post
    their Smart Installation Manager which worked previously on their executables for pulling out hte MSI's will not recognize the latest executables on their website.
    Kruzen - Have you downloaded the newest version of the Installation Manager? I had to download the SP1 version of the Installation Manager, and then I had to download the SP1 Smart Notebook 10 and Drivers packages separately; the combined all-in-one package didn't work.

    On a separate note, has anyone gotten this beast to work as an Altiris virtual package? I have been pulling my hair out for 3 months trying to get it to play nicely, and even with this latest Service Pack, I am still having problems. After deploying to a computer, the program begins to do an auto-repair to the MSI, taking forever and a day. This has got to be one of the worst programs I have ever had to deal with.

  5. #95

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    Kruzen - Have you downloaded the newest version of the Installation Manager? I had to download the SP1 version of the Installation Manager, and then I had to download the SP1 Smart Notebook 10 and Drivers packages separately; the combined all-in-one package didn't work.

    On a separate note, has anyone gotten this beast to work as an Altiris virtual package? I have been pulling my hair out for 3 months trying to get it to play nicely, and even with this latest Service Pack, I am still having problems. After deploying to a computer, the program begins to do an auto-repair to the MSI, taking forever and a day. This has got to be one of the worst programs I have ever had to deal with.

    Got everything working afterall. Turns out they keep the deployable packages in a different place.

    Now we're having a new problem pop up on some peoples profiles.

    When they click on the shape bar, they can only select circle, the rest of the shapes don't properly work. Anybody come across this?

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Question I haven't gotten a code

    My Smart Board didn't come with a code on it I can not even get the full version I am the only teacher in my school with a smart board do any of you know what to do?

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by eean View Post
    Well... what ever you do don't just find out the format of a smart board serial number and make up your own. You shouldn't, therefore, enter : SB580-15xxxx (where xxxx isn't a random 4 digit number). A working example wouldn't be: SB580-151111.

    Don't do it.

    Just don't.

    What do you mean is it just random letters? My Smart Board didn't have the product code.

  8. #98
    Bluetooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dewsbury
    Posts
    299
    Thank Post
    30
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Hi TeachForFun

    Some boards have the serial number located in different places.

    First place to check is underneath the board on the right hand side. If not there check down the right hand side of the board.

    If still not there the best bet is taht the number is located UNDER your pen tray, this maens releasing your pen tray from the board and really something that your technician should be doing.

    Also your school should have 1 code that they use for all boards, there is no need to input individual codes for each teacher as 1 smartboard serial number is enough to run many smartboard 10s

    My suggestion is for you to speak with your schools technician and ask him what the code si for smb10, if he doesnt have one, ask him to find yours underneath the pen tray.

    Blue

  9. #99
    eean's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    565
    Thank Post
    68
    Thanked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Teachforfun View Post
    What do you mean is it just random letters? My Smart Board didn't have the product code.
    Yes, the last 4 digits are random numbers. SB580-151234 should work.

  10. #100
    farmerste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    339
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
    Rep Power
    22

    just an update really

    just wanted to mention to everyone, i now have managed to get smart V9.7 working 'correctly' on the smart rear projection 2000i's, it means installing v9.1 from cd, then 9.7 with a modified .mst file.
    It works well , and now 'powers off' the projector when you shut down the pc. If anyone needs this for school, let me know, and i can send you the .mst and instructions.

    Just need to do this with version 10, but staff don't want that yet, as it is so awful.( relief really )

    Just doing the work that should have been done by smart

  11. #101
    robins's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    44
    Thank Post
    15
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    I'm sure Smart Tech wont mind you installing Notebook if you are a customer. If the proof of purchase (serial number) is missing - you could download and install Senteo v2 Assessment Software - this doen't seem to prompt for codes but will install Notebook 10 and the galleries etc. You can then remove the Senteo stuff afterwards.

  12. #102
    enjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,488
    Thank Post
    282
    Thanked 196 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    76
    Here's an interesting one I discovered recently and thought I'd flag up in case any one else finds it. One of our PCs with an integrated SB680i would go into standby mode every time you turned the board off. Updating the drivers to the SP4 release resolved this.

    It is obviously to do with a specific firmware version as our other identical board had a firmware upgrade at some point and was unaffected.

  13. #103
    Disease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,099
    Thank Post
    118
    Thanked 70 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    56
    For those that were having the problem with the broken activation after cloning, I fixed this by taking out the licence registry key and then running Notebook and reactivating the product.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\SMART Technologies\Licence Information\Keys\Clash Notebook

    I deleted the hex named folder under Clash Notebook ran smart notebook and activated it again fine.

    Just if anyone else needed it.

  14. #104
    jc1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    128
    Thank Post
    9
    Thanked 23 Times in 19 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    Here's an interesting one I discovered recently and thought I'd flag up in case any one else finds it. One of our PCs with an integrated SB680i would go into standby mode every time you turned the board off. Updating the drivers to the SP4 release resolved this.

    It is obviously to do with a specific firmware version as our other identical board had a firmware upgrade at some point and was unaffected.
    Smart sent us a solution as it was still happening after the SP4 upgrade.
    It's to do with the registry setting in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies\SMART Board Drivers\Machine".
    The DWord "PowerButtonAction" needed to be set to 0.

  15. #105

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Has anyone installed the software through GP? and if so did you manage to get the Lesson activity toolkit to install aswell?

    i managed to get the Gallery on but no the LAT.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Easy way to add SMART Gallery to SMART Notebook?
    By CM786 in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th March 2010, 01:21 PM
  2. Smart Notebook 9.7
    By TekkyMatt in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th May 2009, 02:57 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th June 2008, 04:03 PM
  4. Smart Notebook 9.7 released
    By SimpleSi in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22nd November 2007, 09:39 AM
  5. SMART Notebook V9.5 SP4
    By SimpleSi in forum Educational Software
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th December 2006, 05:59 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •