+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Smart Notebook 10 in Technical; Well i did come up with a reg hack to hide the tool but i was hoping for a better ...
    Thank Post
    Well i did come up with a reg hack to hide the tool but i was hoping for a better solution.

Thank Post
    We have a workable solution thats being deployed to our live environment. There are a few workarounds you have to make on top of the MSI/MST install. The MSI version of the Notebook installer used is 10.0.126, and this package will upgrade existing SB 9.7 which is what we have in our environment.

1. Copy the installer MSI locally, the msi does not create local installer, so it does not play well when self healing is invoked.
    2. Copy Essentials for Educator folder from a existing install to this directory after the Notebook Installer Completes.(This might be able to be added to the MST, we are using a batch file to run the copy)

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SMART Technologies\Lesson Activity Toolkit\"

3. Delete this shortcut to disable startup toolbar.

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SMART Board Tools.lnk"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimJing View Post
    We have a workable solution thats being deployed to our live environment. There are a few workarounds you have to make on top of the MSI/MST install. The MSI version of the Notebook installer used is 10.0.126, and this package will upgrade existing SB 9.7 which is what we have in our environment.

1. Copy the installer MSI locally, the msi does not create local installer, so it does not play well when self healing is invoked.
    2. Copy Essentials for Educator folder from a existing install to this directory after the Notebook Installer Completes.(This might be able to be added to the MST, we are using a batch file to run the copy)

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SMART Technologies\Lesson Activity Toolkit\"

3. Delete this shortcut to disable startup toolbar.

"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\SMART Board Tools.lnk"
    Does anyone have the MSI's available for the newest version?

I cannot find them anywhere on the website, SMART is not available to contact right now, and their Smart Installation Manager which worked previously on their executables for pulling out hte MSI's will not recognize the latest executables on their website.

If anyone can host the MSI's that would be amazing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruzen View Post
    their Smart Installation Manager which worked previously on their executables for pulling out hte MSI's will not recognize the latest executables on their website.
    Kruzen - Have you downloaded the newest version of the Installation Manager? I had to download the SP1 version of the Installation Manager, and then I had to download the SP1 Smart Notebook 10 and Drivers packages separately; the combined all-in-one package didn't work.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten this beast to work as an Altiris virtual package? I have been pulling my hair out for 3 months trying to get it to play nicely, and even with this latest Service Pack, I am still having problems. After deploying to a computer, the program begins to do an auto-repair to the MSI, taking forever and a day. This has got to be one of the worst programs I have ever had to deal with.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinW View Post
    Kruzen - Have you downloaded the newest version of the Installation Manager? I had to download the SP1 version of the Installation Manager, and then I had to download the SP1 Smart Notebook 10 and Drivers packages separately; the combined all-in-one package didn't work.

On a separate note, has anyone gotten this beast to work as an Altiris virtual package? I have been pulling my hair out for 3 months trying to get it to play nicely, and even with this latest Service Pack, I am still having problems. After deploying to a computer, the program begins to do an auto-repair to the MSI, taking forever and a day. This has got to be one of the worst programs I have ever had to deal with.

Got everything working afterall. Turns out they keep the deployable packages in a different place.

Now we're having a new problem pop up on some peoples profiles.

When they click on the shape bar, they can only select circle, the rest of the shapes don't properly work. Anybody come across this?

Thank Post

Question I haven't gotten a code

My Smart Board didn't come with a code on it I can not even get the full version I am the only teacher in my school with a smart board do any of you know what to do?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eean View Post
    Well... what ever you do don't just find out the format of a smart board serial number and make up your own. You shouldn't, therefore, enter : SB580-15xxxx (where xxxx isn't a random 4 digit number). A working example wouldn't be: SB580-151111.

Don't do it.

Just don't.

What do you mean is it just random letters? My Smart Board didn't have the product code.

Thank Post
    Hi TeachForFun

Some boards have the serial number located in different places.

First place to check is underneath the board on the right hand side. If not there check down the right hand side of the board.

If still not there the best bet is taht the number is located UNDER your pen tray, this maens releasing your pen tray from the board and really something that your technician should be doing.

Also your school should have 1 code that they use for all boards, there is no need to input individual codes for each teacher as 1 smartboard serial number is enough to run many smartboard 10s

My suggestion is for you to speak with your schools technician and ask him what the code si for smb10, if he doesnt have one, ask him to find yours underneath the pen tray.

Blue

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teachforfun View Post
    What do you mean is it just random letters? My Smart Board didn't have the product code.
    Yes, the last 4 digits are random numbers. SB580-151234 should work.

Thank Post

just an update really

just wanted to mention to everyone, i now have managed to get smart V9.7 working 'correctly' on the smart rear projection 2000i's, it means installing v9.1 from cd, then 9.7 with a modified .mst file.
    It works well , and now 'powers off' the projector when you shut down the pc. If anyone needs this for school, let me know, and i can send you the .mst and instructions.

Just need to do this with version 10, but staff don't want that yet, as it is so awful.( relief really )

Just doing the work that should have been done by smart

Thank Post
    I'm sure Smart Tech wont mind you installing Notebook if you are a customer. If the proof of purchase (serial number) is missing - you could download and install Senteo v2 Assessment Software - this doen't seem to prompt for codes but will install Notebook 10 and the galleries etc. You can then remove the Senteo stuff afterwards.

Thank Post
    Here's an interesting one I discovered recently and thought I'd flag up in case any one else finds it. One of our PCs with an integrated SB680i would go into standby mode every time you turned the board off. Updating the drivers to the SP4 release resolved this.

It is obviously to do with a specific firmware version as our other identical board had a firmware upgrade at some point and was unaffected.

Thank Post
    For those that were having the problem with the broken activation after cloning, I fixed this by taking out the licence registry key and then running Notebook and reactivating the product.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\SMART Technologies\Licence Information\Keys\Clash Notebook

I deleted the hex named folder under Clash Notebook ran smart notebook and activated it again fine.

Just if anyone else needed it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJones View Post
    Here's an interesting one I discovered recently and thought I'd flag up in case any one else finds it. One of our PCs with an integrated SB680i would go into standby mode every time you turned the board off. Updating the drivers to the SP4 release resolved this.

It is obviously to do with a specific firmware version as our other identical board had a firmware upgrade at some point and was unaffected.
    Smart sent us a solution as it was still happening after the SP4 upgrade.
    It's to do with the registry setting in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SMART Technologies\SMART Board Drivers\Machine".
    The DWord "PowerButtonAction" needed to be set to 0.

Thank Post
    Has anyone installed the software through GP? and if so did you manage to get the Lesson activity toolkit to install aswell?

i managed to get the Gallery on but no the LAT.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast