+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, http://www.software4students.co.uk/ in Technical; Wasn't saying they wern't legit, just as im not registered, just easier to do the RM way. If they didnt ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Wasn't saying they wern't legit, just as im not registered, just easier to do the RM way. If they didnt need the registration then I would go with them as they are slightly cheaper. Im not worried really about the school cashback, just want to get the kids on the legal right software.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    just want to get the kids on the legal right software.
    You mean what is right for you, not what is right for them

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    no i say theres open office etc but they find that annoying about having to save in MS Office format etc so easier to get MS Office

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    no i say theres open office etc but they find that annoying about having to save in MS Office format etc so easier to get MS Office
    that was my point, it is convenient for you. This way you don't need to provide any other (ODF) facilities in school and just say -=buy this=-

Thank Post
    We've been around for about 2 years now and started as a pilot programme for students in disadvantaged schools, we were available in Northern Ireland initially where it was provided under the C2K programme. Because of the success of the pilot programme Microsoft agreed to extent it to a wider audience and hence our partnership with Naace. I think when a much larger company saw what we were doing, thought it was good and copied it, down to our school rebate, FAQ’s and school promotion packs. We figured we must be doing something right!

You don't need to be a member of Naace to get the rebate, the original intention was that it was there to say 'thank you' for putting up a poster and telling your students about the software4students programme. The Naace membership is provided to help support the development of ICT in schools.
    We are reviewing the rebate programme to make it easier for schools to qualify (i.e. £500 threshold)

We are a small team, so apologies for any grammatical errors on the site; we'll try and sort them out asap. If you have any particular ones to highlight please let me know (sometimes the obvious ones are staring you right in the face!)

Thanks for the feedback

Paul

6. Thanks to Software4Students from:

speckytecky (1st February 2008)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,169 Times in 1,604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Software4Students View Post
    You don't need to be a member of Naace to get the rebate

In that case, please could you correct this on the Information for Schools part of your website:

"the rebate is available only if you are a Naace member"

If the £1000 limit is to be reviewed, I'd do it sooner rather than later; before the mighty RM steal your thunder with their £500

Thank Post
    We'll update it in our next refresh

Thank Post
    Are teachers able to buy from Software4Students, or is it just students?

Thank Post
    There are two ways a teacher can access Software4Students 1) if they are also studying part time, or 2) if they have a child or sibling who they can license the software through.

However you can't as a teacher buy directly through the site. We have been trying to find a mechanism to license teachers as well, as we have had a lot of interest (as would be expected), but the current license programme only covers students.

A lot of teachers are already covered under either schools agreements or campus agreements. The first thing would be to check the type of license agreement your school or college has and see if it includes 'Free Work at Home' rights for teachers.

Not to get too technical but free work at home rights are usually available with annuity software assurance licenses (i.e. Schools Agreements) and not perpetual licenses (i.e. Select Agreements)

Thank Post

Software4students

Has anybody recently used Software4students? I ordered Microsoft Office for my daughter. When the envelope arrived there was only one of the two CDs enclosed. I contacted Software4students and was given a special reference number and told to put the number on the envelope and then to send the envelope with the one CD back to an address in Belfast, Botanic Ave. Having heard nothing from them for over a week, I contacted them and they're saying that they did not receive the envelope. The money has been taken from my account and now I'm left with nothing. Help. Any advice? I'm beginning to suspect the worst.

Thank Post
    Hi polyglotni,

You can contact our support team directly on 020 7193 5335 or via email at support@software4students.co.uk and we will be happy to assist you.

Also an update on the access for teachers, who are now able to register for the programme as well, all you have to do is select ‘teacher’ from the drop down box when you register and you can avail of the special offers we have for students.

Thanks for your feedback and the support of the other forum members!

Paul

Thank Post

Poor delivery times

Hi Paul
    I must say i am very disapointed with your service and it is a week now since i paid for my software and still i have not received it
    I cannot blame anyone who doubts your service as even with the recent postal strikes our mail has still arrived within 2 days of being sent.
    If you wish to get a better name then can i suggest that you provide a better service and then you would receive more positive feedback on this site rather than people asking if you are legitimate
    I hope that i will not be disapointed here and i will indeed receive my order but to be honest i do have serious doubts!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill View Post
    I cannot blame anyone who doubts your service as even with the recent postal strikes our mail has still arrived within 2 days of being sent.
    Do you have any idea of how the strike is actually working and the impact its having?

You seem to be equating that the fact you're getting a delivery means that all pickups and deliveries are working correctly! [HINT : they're not!]

[no connection with software4students other than some of my students have used them in the past]

Thank Post
    Do S4S and RM's The Basement require the Student to use their school email addresses for the offers (by that I mean - Need it to register and activate the offer?)

Reason I ask is 2-fold

1) We dont allow pupils to send or receive external email
    2) We dont have a .sch.uk addresss

Thank Post

Reply to Nadeem

Hi nadeem

Our service is working perfectly well and we are experiencing little problem
    Our post is collected and we are receiving post every day i assure you
    Hopefully as i say i will receive my order in the next few days but can i suggest that an alternative postal method is used especially when there are "known" problems with Royal Mail
    This would ensure a better service all round and ensure better feedback for the site
    Happy customers will always return but unhappy customers will not
    Regards

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast