+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, TALMOS Britannica in Technical; Hey all, I was recently employed to run a project for a Secondary school organising, managing, and training all staff ...

Thank Post

TALMOS Britannica

Hey all, I was recently employed to run a project for a Secondary school organising, managing, and training all staff in the TALMOS Britannica system. I'm still waiting on our techies to set up the admin account for me to get stuck in so I'm doing what I can to research it in the meantime.

Is there anyone currently using this system, and any general advice or tips to give?

Many thanks,
    -Shanka.

Thank Post
    We use Talmos, what's Talmos Britannica?

*EDIT* Having looked it up on the website it looks like it's just had a rebrand.

No general advice or tips really except we've had long waits for every request we've made.

Creating Bulletins is easy enough but adding pictures to them is not. I don't really use it though so it's hard to tell you how it works I only see the problems!
    Last edited by mrforgetful; 14th January 2008 at 11:01 AM.

Thank Post
    Even problems with the system are more than welcome.

I've just had a chat with the techies and gotten my password sorted, so I'll be having a little poke round soon. Britannica just adds an encyclopedia feature as far as I'm aware, allowing the pupils to search for relevant information through the TALMOS system rather than the ole Google method.

Thank Post
    We have TALMOS here and have had it in school since April last year. Its been a slow take up by staff as they all feel it is a long winded way of uploading their resources to create a lesson plan to present a lesson. We are just now getting all departments to collate their resources in the TALMOS structure offline so we can upload on mass.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask some more questions if you get stuck and i'll try and help.

We also use TALMOS attendance for our lesson by lesson registers.

Thank Post
    I'll have tons of questions, I don't mean to be a pain, but this is all new to me, glad to see people here are willing to help

E-Portfolios, what are these for? For the pupils to showcase their work?

I'm trying to set up a pupil-test account but have failed to login, joy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread