+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Educational Software Thread, MLS Librarian Support in Technical; Hello again. Hope you are all well and not too snowed under as the new school year begins. Just wanted ...
    MLS

Thank Post
    Hello again. Hope you are all well and not too snowed under as the new school year begins. Just wanted to let you know I am around if you need me at this busy time. We have extra support staff in place this year and we have even taken on on temps for student import support. They are a dedicated team and we have given them their own phone number to increasde capacity on the phone sytem. Having said that we still expect queues for the iniital few days as we do get a 5 fold increase in service requests. We have also built a student import wizard which also covers MLS connect (Group Call) trouble shooting. If your librarian hasnt recieved our email then you might want to pass it on. The link is here:

Micro Librarian Systems : User Area Log In

Colin Lloyd

MLS

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    OMG, I saw this and the memories started flooding back.

We had no issue getting through to support before they were taken over by Capita, the only issue we had was getting the problems sorted out.

We seemed to be the test pilots up to and including Eclipse when it came out. I remember the days I was on endless support calls and everyday sending error and log reports.

Thankfully I got on quite well with the librarian but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Thank Post
    Have to say last year it took over an hour for someone to answer the phone to us.

This year massive improvement they have a dedicated line for intake issues. Called, answered within 2 minutes opened a ticket and sent over logs and have had a reply with how to fix the issue within the same day.

Very impressed this year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    ..I'll be back tomorrow and start thinking about importing the new year's intake and binning the leavers.
    Hopefully it will work..still having issues with thumbprint thingy though

Thank Post
    I've got an issue or two. Logged emails. Hopefully be simple fixes.

What version is the Silverlight thing now, the latest?

Thank Post
    This has to be one of the worst school systems I have come across in the last 14 years. The demo at BETT looked great, the reality looks somewhat different once it is installed. The support is terrible. I've wasted days of my life on the phone while someone dials in remotely to try fix our system only for it to still not work properly. The product seems like different products written independently without proper integration with other parts of the system. Absolutely no proper support for enterprise Active Directory integration or SSO.

Loads of promises made by Colin Lloyd when we had the problems, still waiting for him to deliver on what was promised to us.

1 year on and we still don't have the product we saw at BETT and don't think we will ever see it working in our school.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12