+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Hel with CMIs/ePortal upgrade please. in Technical; We have only just moved recently over to CMIS from Sims.net. The CMIS manager is off sick and i have ...
    Thank Post

Hel with CMIs/ePortal upgrade please.

We have only just moved recently over to CMIS from Sims.net. The CMIS manager is off sick and i have been told i need to do a update before Friday as thy need to do th PLASC returns.

I have no idea of what to do. I know i need to get everyone out the system which is a pain because we do 'roll Call' and Lesson registartion.

So it means after 3-30 to do what i want.

Any one got a idiots guide for me or advise me in any way.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts

Re: Hel with CMIs/ePortal upgrade please.

All I can say (as I don't do the upgrades) but you must 110% sure get everyone out sucessfully off the database, eportal, CMIS etc.... as I have seen the pieces being picked up afterwards when somebody left it open. I know thats not helping you do the upgrade, but just a warning for you.

Thank Post

I thing i may pull the cableout of the NIC to be sure.......lol

Thank Post

There are some quite useful documents on the serco learning website if you've a login - if not - I can probably post them tomorrow (Wed). CMIS is dead easy comparesd to SIMS.

Firstly - have you got the updates? If not - you'll need a special login to download them off the Serco website - take all the appropriate bits to your license - as the SSR and Room Booking etc are separate install files.

As said - make sure everyone is off (and stays off) - do extra backups, then run the upgrade and install into a clean folder and then copy the folder over the top of the original working copy - this is supposed to show up any files that are in use - as you get copy errors. Install any of the additional modules (SSR, Room booking etc). Once everything is copied over successfully - run CMIS - it validates itself and pretty much thats it. I was done with that in about 10 mins.

Eportal - there should be a htm help guide included in the upgrade for you to read - though - its a bit too informative I think - basically - you just install over the top of the old eportal (assuming you run all off one server) - do make a copy of the whole lot though - as it can chuck away your configuration files sometimes.

Hope thats of some help - though do remember - you need to do all of the upgrades in one session - as they are all interdependant. Oh - and if you use the Scheduler for timetabling - make sure there are no outstanding extracts and update that too.

Thank Post

Have just done the updates to both FACILITY and ePortal

No problems with FACILITY just follow through the upgrade instructions no major headaches just a straightforward update (but backup backup backup of course).

Our ePortal update was a little tricky though - the upgrade seemed to go fine except that after the upgrade the login page was not displayed although everything seemed to be connected right. It seemed that some how our port settings got mixed up, changing the port in the server config file to 8085 from 8080 seemd to do the trick (that might just have been a local thing).

Anyway both upgrades seem to be working fine now

Thank Post

OK - heres the CMIS update/install notes
    Attached Files Attached Files

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread