+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Sibelius 7.5 Network Deployment on RM CC4 in Technical; We have recently purchased Sibelius 7.5 as an upgrade from Sibelius 5 on our RM CC4 network, but are having ...

Thank Post

Sibelius 7.5 Network Deployment on RM CC4

We have recently purchased Sibelius 7.5 as an upgrade from Sibelius 5 on our RM CC4 network, but are having some trouble with deploying it.

We have tried deploying through a .cmd file, we tried having RMMC import the EXE directly but the package gets stuck on deployment.

We have used the LSINFO and VERYSILENT install commamds on the install but no luck.

Short of repackaging this as an MSI using a tool like EMCO I can't think of anything else to try and get this working.

Thank Post
    Sibelius 6 came as an MSI from what I remember and you could add a MST with the license server info. I now have iMacs with Sibelius 7 so not had a look at packaging it on Windows for some Years. If you extract the exe with 7zip do you get any MSI files? If yes then you can use that wit a MST containing server info.

Thank Post
    What happens if you run the .cmd file manually - do you get any errors or event log messages?

Thank Post
    There is no msi in the extracted exe. Sibelius is a pain in the bum for network deployment. I have just bought Sibelius 7.5 (from 6.2) and was hoping the whole LSINFO thing would just work again so we script it during the machine build.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,811 Times in 2,075 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMase View Post
    We have used the LSINFO and VERYSILENT install commands on the install but no luck.
    Can you post the command-line you were using? Did you include the switch to prevent dialog boxes appearing for example?

Code:
    Sibelius7Installer.exe /SP- /LSINFO=<yourlicenseservername> /LANG=English /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /NORESTART
    When we had a CC3 network, I never had any issues with InnoSeup-based installers (which is what the Sibelius 7 installer is).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robjduk View Post
    There is no msi in the extracted exe. Sibelius is a pain in the bum for network deployment. I have just bought Sibelius 7.5 (from 6.2) and was hoping the whole LSINFO thing would just work again so we script it during the machine build.
    Last time I used it on windows was v6 with a MSI on the CD. They must have changed that in 6.2 for the EXE. What a shame. Are you sure there are no hidden MSIs in this EXE. Do you get anything if you open it with 7zip?

Thank Post
    We're using 7.2, and it deploys with no problem on CC4 using the lsinfo switch and the exe. Just make sure you don't name the exe Sibelius.exe - the installer looks for sibelius.exe and fails if it sees it running. Call it sibeliusinstaller.exe and it's fine.

Thank Post
    Have a look at www.exemsi.com/inno-setup-and-msi that look like a very useful tool.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread