+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, SIBELIUS 5 in Technical; We have Sibelius 5 in the music department using a network licence. This uses a licence server which the client ...

Thank Post

SIBELIUS 5

We have Sibelius 5 in the music department using a network licence. This uses a licence server which the client machines connect to so you cannot exceed your licence limit.

The Network server is set up fine and I have install the client version on to the machines, they run the software as administrator. But as soon as you use a kids acount it seems to corrupt the program and it asks for a .msi. After you have run the software as a kid, you can't run it even as an administrator... it just buggers it.

I have tried re-install, changing permissions etc... and also phoning support. Non of this has worked, has anyone had the same problems?

Cheers.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: SIBELIUS 5

I have installed it fine. Install on client, ensure that you put all the sounds on etc etc, and run as the admin first time. The students need to be able to access the install source, so put it all on a server hidden, that they have read/execute to, and when each user lauches it (or the profile creation one if your a mandatory user), it has to configure it, and you need to make a folder for it to store some DLLs in as well as sound file infos etc, so I make them make one in there documents called Sibelius_V5_Files, and point it at that for everything otherwise it gets messed up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,537 Posts
    Blog Entries

Had something similar with a different software package fixed it using johns method.

Z

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I had the same problem when I first installed Sib 5. I got round it by copying the user profile I installed and first ran it under into the Default User profile. No more problem after that.

Thank Post

We've just upgraded to V5 and had the same problem after speaking to the company this is their reply.

In Sibelius 5.0, because of the way the shortcut is created, it’s necessary to make some changed for restricted users. I would advise deleting the existing shortcut and making a new one directly from the Sibelius.exe in the Sibelius 5 folder. Copy this to the All Users desktop and try again. Let me know if you still have problems. Incidentally, 5.1 addresses this problem so it might be worth updating. If you are a network version user, I can send you a new LicenceServer for 5.1
    I have been sent the new version of it but not got around to installing yet. My work around was having the DVD as a share and installing from that it then just reads the dvd on first play and is happy.

Thank Post

There is a patched version available to download on the Sibelius website which solves the problem of asking for the msi.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Sibelius 5 AD deployment

How are you deploying Sibelius 5? Using the supplied MSI or something else?

I tried to get support to tell me how they recommended deployment but they don`t support Microsoft installer........

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Robk

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Install 1 by 1 for me.

The patch by the way, causes other issues in that everytime you launch the program it demands admin privaledges, you can click cancel and it works fine, they are working on the fix for that one, and despite what they say that the new licence server works with V5 clients, it doesn't really, well it sort of does but is not wonderful, so upgrade the licence server when you upgrade the clients to V5.1

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread