+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Microlib in Technical; I just received an email from them saying how wonderful it would be to see me at BETT this year ...

Thank Post

Microlib

I just received an email from them saying how wonderful it would be to see me at BETT this year where they will showcase their new software versions.

This is very funny as its been 12 months since an update and a month since they said the new version would be rolled out.

If anyone passes their stand next week can they give them a slap and ask them to answer their emails.... a truly terrible company.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,249 Posts
    I believe they were purchased by Capita. It would be a shame if they've lost their touch as my experience of them was good.

MLS

Thank Post
    Hello Simcfc73,

Colin Lloyd from MLS. We have a few thousand customers waiting for the update and so far 160 have requested it ASAP. Can you you email me your account details and I'll see where you are in the queue and jog it along for you. Also if there is anyone else waiting or if you want to get in the queue ping me an email. Its release on request at the moment so that we do not over commit our help desk with the feedback. Its a significantly upgraded system and as such we anticipate higher than normal amounts of enquiries about new features and changes to the system. Theres a great new built in help system for the end user but untill that is adopted theres always a chance of more enquiries.

Colin@microlib.co.uk

Thank Post
    Just had an email from tech support.

AD integration is faulty, fingerprint recognition isn't ready yet and acquisitions hasn't been written so we can't have it.

I think it may be time to look at alternative software because this is a bit silly.

Thank Post
    I'm a bit miffed as they don't have any documentation for help unless you subscribe to their annual help!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    AD integration is faulty, fingerprint recognition isn't ready yet and acquisitions hasn't been written so we can't have it.
    Can you expand on that a bit?

We're also pondering a move - we haven't spoken to a single librarian in the county who isn't pondering a move away tbh.

Thank Post
    Are you talking about hosted or not? We host it onsite here and the fingerprint works fine.

Thank Post
    I am talking about the reasons they have told me that they are not rolling out the updates to us at h moment.

Our librarian says the way it picks up the fingerprints means you still have to type a number or letter in the box before it picks them up. The update fixes this.

Thank Post
    The school I am at currently has a hosted solution with MicroLib, and they have an issue with the GemTags not working... Had a support call open since summer, and bugger all reply from MicroLib, even tho I have updated the call online to ask for an update... That as well as over summer spending in excess of 2 hours on hold to get though to someone, well leaves me to think they put customer care right at the bottom of the important list.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,665 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IKWeb View Post
    The school I am at currently has a hosted solution with MicroLib, and they have an issue with the GemTags not working... Had a support call open since summer, and bugger all reply from MicroLib, even tho I have updated the call online to ask for an update... That as well as over summer spending in excess of 2 hours on hold to get though to someone, well leaves me to think they put customer care right at the bottom of the important list.
    I agree, i have had performance issues since we had it installed nearly a year ago. Plus the lack of support for vertical tutoring is a pain. I have been emailing someone from MLS who is trying his best, plus i emailed Collin ( @MLS ) no reply from him. They told me they would have an update in a month or so to fix both issues. This was a year ago! They have updated the over priced hosted solution, but don't give a monkeys about the local customers.

Very disappointed with @MLS
    Last edited by FN-GM; 2nd February 2014 at 12:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    I am talking about the reasons they have told me that they are not rolling out the updates to us at h moment.

Our librarian says the way it picks up the fingerprints means you still have to type a number or letter in the box before it picks them up. The update fixes this.
    Can you explain? What number or letter? We have a huge issue with fingerprints not being recognized

Thank Post
    Our librarian just told me the update will be released in the next 2 weeks. I have run down to paddy power and put a fiver on that not being the case... very very short odds

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread