+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Primary School - Lexion in Technical; Hi guys, Really need some help here, at my primary school they have Lexion, I have a member of staff ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Primary School - Lexion

Hi guys,

Really need some help here, at my primary school they have Lexion, I have a member of staff hounding me about it, asking me to install it here, there and everywhere.

Can I also make this clear, I have NO experience with Lexion. I'm unsure what kind of License the school have or licensing terms of Lexion. From what I can gather there is Lexion (with assessor tools) and Mini Lexion! I've been told by staff that the previous tech would install Mini Lexion on whatever laptop or PC they wanted as they requested it?

Is this right? Can I just install the Mini Lexion anywhere? They have no idea who they brought their license from so I don't know who to even ring to clarify what kind of license they have etc? I've found a license agreement for what I can imagine is the assessor side of the program and it's a single base license.

I'm sooo confused right now. HELP.

Much appreciated.

Thank Post
    Mini lexion is meant to be used by the pupils on their computers at home.

We have lexion installed on a network drive here so its available to all computers

3. Thanks to danelliott87 from:

L3OUGH (9th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,639 Posts
    If it's a single user license that you have found then it can only go on one machine. Your predecessor's willingness to flout the law does not make it legal, or right, for you to do so. Stick to your guns. Unless proof can be provided of a site license, or multi-user , license is stays on a single machine.

However, I do suggest that you cost up buying whatever licenses you need and take this to the Head exlaining that his/her neck is on the block and that this is the cost of the school and the HT being legal.

5. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

L3OUGH (9th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    If it's a single user license that you have found then it can only go on one machine. Your predecessor's willingness to flout the law does not make it legal, or right, for you to do so. Stick to your guns. Unless proof can be provided of a site license, or multi-user , license is stays on a single machine.

However, I do suggest that you cost up buying whatever licenses you need and take this to the Head exlaining that his/her neck is on the block and that this is the cost of the school and the HT being legal.
    Thanks for this, I've managed to get hold of the previous tech who has clarified that the assessor tools is a single license only and that Mini Lexion can be freely installed and even given to parents to take home like @danelliott87 mentioned.

It always is a bit intimidating when you don't where you stand!!

Thanks for this guys.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread