+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Adobe Photoshop - Brushes in Technical; I have a student who wants access to the brushes folder (which lives in the Presets Folder on CS5) in ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Adobe Photoshop - Brushes

I have a student who wants access to the brushes folder (which lives in the Presets Folder on CS5) in Photoshop. What's the usual way to set this up?

Thank Post
    If they want to add brushes they can do so with brushes saved in their user area - they don't need to put them into the presets folder. Be careful though - some brushes available on the Internet are copyrighted.

3. Thanks to clareq from:

speckytecky (20th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks @clareq My student tells me he can't do anything with the brushes folder because of the permissions set on it. He is a good lad and I'm keen to enable him to fully use Photoshop but am not sure what permissions I'd need to set to enable him to do what he wants with the brushes folder in the programme files folder?

Quote Originally Posted by clareq View Post
    If they want to add brushes they can do so with brushes saved in their user area - they don't need to put them into the presets folder. Be careful though - some brushes available on the Internet are copyrighted.

Thank Post
    Our students save the brushes in their user area and then follow these instructions:
    Go to where you usually choose your brushes in the top left corner of Photoshop. Click on the little down arrow so the box open and you can see some of your brushes. In the top right of the box will be a little arrow pointing to the right. Click that and then click 'load brushes'. Then locate wherever you downloaded them to in your documents and double click on the file.
    As long as they then don't move the brushes around or delete them they can use the brushes

6. Thanks to clareq from:

speckytecky (20th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again @clareq - Our problem is the folder is currently denying him permission to copy any of the brushes so I think I need to add him as a permission to the folder to allow him to use it - but what permission's would I need to give him without enabling him too much access?

Quote Originally Posted by clareq View Post
    Our students save the brushes in their user area and then follow these instructions:
    Go to where you usually choose your brushes in the top left corner of Photoshop. Click on the little down arrow so the box open and you can see some of your brushes. In the top right of the box will be a little arrow pointing to the right. Click that and then click 'load brushes'. Then locate wherever you downloaded them to in your documents and double click on the file.
    As long as they then don't move the brushes around or delete them they can use the brushes

Thank Post
    I'm confused - our students don't have permissions to copy the brushes either - they don't copy them anywhere - they simply tell photoshop where in their user area they are, and they work from there. I've just double checked the presets\brushes on a number of out (heavily used) art machines - none of them have any other than the brushes that load with photoshop.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread