+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Moving away from SMART? Anyone using Open Sankore? RM EasyTeach NG? in Technical; As we've mostly migrated to non-SMART kit in our classrooms, we are looking to re-unify our IWB software across the ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries

Moving away from SMART? Anyone using Open Sankore? RM EasyTeach NG?

As we've mostly migrated to non-SMART kit in our classrooms, we are looking to re-unify our IWB software across the school.

So, is anyone using Open Sankore? Or RM EasyTeach NG?

We have a huge collection of .notebook files, so we would like staff to be able to 'view' these - which I understand we can do with their express software.

What are other schools doing in moving away from SMART?

Thank Post
    @localzuk - Did you go with open Sankore? If not what have you started using?
    We are looking at moving away from Smart. Just saw the new Epson interactive (pen and touch) projector at BETT and it may be a contender.

Thank Post
    I have 11 Epson Interactive projectors. Nice WXGA res and 2 pen touch work well. The advantage of no special board means that the teacher has the option to use the board without the projector if they need. No shadow or glare as it's ultra short throw.

The education version has a 5 year warranty the wall mount bracket is included and new bulbs last 4000 hours and cost £80!

I'm typically getting a 80" image which is super bright and huge works even in a well lit room. Using normal glossy whiteboards is no issue thanks to the projectors placement.

The only let down is that Epson's own software for the projector is laggy in Windows. (this lead me at first to dislike the projector.)

I got my projectors for £950 (exVAT) each.

4. Thanks to chazzy2501 from:

fiza (24th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We haven't settled on anything yet, meaning we're in a state of limbo at the moment (other more pressing things are taking precedence).

Those are the projectors we use now @chazzy2501. But it leaves us with the SMART Notebook problem, as we can't use it on them without an £800pa collaborative license *per device*.

6. Thanks to localzuk from:

fiza (24th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    I have 11 Epson Interactive projectors. Nice WXGA res and 2 pen touch work well. The advantage of no special board means that the teacher has the option to use the board without the projector if they need. No shadow or glare as it's ultra short throw.

The education version has a 5 year warranty the wall mount bracket is included and new bulbs last 4000 hours and cost £80!

I'm typically getting a 80" image which is super bright and huge works even in a well lit room. Using normal glossy whiteboards is no issue thanks to the projectors placement.

The only let down is that Epson's own software for the projector is laggy in Windows. (this lead me at first to dislike the projector.)

I got my projectors for £950 (exVAT) each.
    So which software are your teachers using if any? I will be looking at the EB595Wi Press releases - Newsroom - Epson
    Had a demo at BETT and it looks the business!!

Thank Post
    Only epsons own IWB software is laggy (white board, reveal, etc.) Turn it off and the pen works great. I tell teachers to annotate a blank Power point now for flipchart style use. Web browsing and paint also work great.

I have a video training sample I made for staff somewhere...I'll put a link to my O365 sharepoint which I'm still experimenting with

https://beaminstersch-public.sharepoint.com/test-page-1

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,444 Posts
    There's also the new Classflow from Promethean which is device agnostic www.classflow.com

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread