+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Pearson onscreen platform installation woes in Technical; Originally Posted by themightymrp I can top your answer!!! Here is the response I have received to my questions: Q1) ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    I can top your answer!!! Here is the response I have received to my questions:

Q1) What format is the video file supplied as? SWF, AVI, MP4 or other?

Q2) Does the video download onto our server where it is then distributed to the client PC’s? Or does it stream across the internet directly to the client machines?

Q3) If the video streams, what TCP/UDP port does the video stream over and from what IP / URL?

Seriously!?!? The only useful bit I've found is that the video streams from the web
    Awesome! The capabilities of Windows Media Player!!

Thank Post
    Guys,

Can anyone help me please?
    I cannot download their package - I get the following error: "Cannot retrieve package stream"

I've checked the event log and the following is displayed as an error:

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening at https://btecng.pearson.com/btecng/TD...ileService.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.1.2.253:8080
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(Transpo rtContext& context)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequest HttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.WebRequest HttpOutput.GetOutputStream()
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeS pan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.Ht tpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.SendRequest(Me ssage message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Reques t(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinde r.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(S tring action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.I nvoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleRe turnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateI nvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService.Communication.Pr oxies.IFileService.Download(FileDownloadRequest request)
    at Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService.Services.Package Service.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Download>b__0(IFileSer vice x) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\a0eb25fc195ef6fd\src\E di.Advance.Tdp\Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService\S ervices\PackageService.cs:line 54
    at Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService.Communication.Ch annelProxyHelper`2.Invoke(Action`1 action, Boolean abortChannel) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\a0eb25fc195ef6fd\src\E di.Advance.Tdp\Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService\C ommunication\ChannelProxyHelper.cs:line 72

Any ideas please???

Many thanks!!

Thank Post
    ECS needs proxy set to 'http://proxyserverort/' prompted for this during setup

Communication and networking:

The ECS server communicates via ‘https’ (Port 443) to Pearson servers. To the two service endpoints as follows:
    https://btecng.pearson.com/btecng/TD...odyService.svc
    https://btecng.pearson.com/btecng/TD...ileService.svc
    • Traffic in both directions is required on port 443 to reach IP address 212.62.15.118.
    • The ECC client communicates to the ECS server over ports 52222 and then incrementally thereafter.
    • Port range to be open of 52222 – 52250.
    • Any software firewall on the ECS server will need to be open to allow communication to the ECS server.

Client side:

AD points to IP/host of ECS

ID also points to IP/host of ECS

TP points to ID in room A/B

Use the following switches to install TP and point it to ID in room A/B

msiexec /i pearson.pop.testplayer.msi /qn INVIGILATORNAMEVALID="1" INVIGILATORNAME=""

add the full FQDN of the machine running the ID in INVIGILATORNAME

Thank Post
    We're not using a proxy so that's ok.
    We've disabled the firewall too....no luck! Pearson are useless as well

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tried doing the GPO preferences as earlier in this thread, but for some reason, it doenst seem to be working. Grabbed the 6 files after the settings have been configured - but on another machine, it is still prompting to go through the damn setup process. Any ideas?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorted now, gp copying to the wrong place :face palm:

Thank Post
    Checked and double checked every setting and every firewall port. The video still doesn't play

Passed it back to their 'technical' team but I don't hold much hope. Anyone else have any thoughts??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScarfedOne View Post
    Sorted now, gp copying to the wrong place :face palm:
    Well done, sorry only just had time to see this as I have been really busy!

Thank Post
    Currently having the pleasure of installing this software and receiving an "Invalid Username/Password error" - which of course they are not. I can log into the website with the same credentials with no problem. Has anybody else seen this error? I have allowed ports 443, 52221-52222 on the firewall for the IP 212.62.15.118

Currently waiting on a call back from Pearson, but any help on here in the meantime would be greatly received.

Thank Post
    Are you behind a proxy? If so we had the same problem and our solution I put on page one of this thread, see here:

http://www.edugeek.net/forums/educat...ml#post1074447

Thank Post
    Thanks for this but I had already seen that post and tried that. Where is the XML located that you modified? I entered the proxy settings in that format whilst doing the inital ECS install on the server.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_W View Post
    Currently having the pleasure of installing this software and receiving an "Invalid Username/Password error" - which of course they are not. I can log into the website with the same credentials with no problem. Has anybody else seen this error? I have allowed ports 443, 52221-52222 on the firewall for the IP 212.62.15.118

Currently waiting on a call back from Pearson, but any help on here in the meantime would be greatly received.
    Do you have anything in the ECS event log? (specifically an error saying cannot connect to database)
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 9th December 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Thank Post
    The actual file is in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Pearson\Exam Centre Service

And the file to edit is Edi.Advance.Tdp.ExamCentreService.exe.config

14. Thanks to themightymrp from:

Craig_W (9th December 2013)

Thank Post
    The only thing I have in the event log is the service startups, but no errors at all

Thank Post
    Craig,
    I'm sure you've probably done it already but if not, try restarting that exam centre service.

Best of luck!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast