+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Pearson onscreen platform installation woes in Technical; Originally Posted by themightymrp I assume you can ping the names of the invigilator/admin machines from the clients? Yep can ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    I assume you can ping the names of the invigilator/admin machines from the clients?
    Yep can ping both.

Thank Post
    Had another successful exam yesterday here

Thank Post
    Yeah no issues in running the exams. Just a pain you have to manually set up each client to point to the the invigilator computer.

Although we just have it in one room at the moment so not a massive issue at the moment.

We just have a single user account designed just for it and have that set up to point to the relevant invigilator account.

Thank Post
    Have you checked the event viewer on the server running the exam center service... under Windows Logs/Applications. We have the same issue as you, but for us it is an NTP problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you checked the event viewer on the server running the exam center service... under Windows Logs/Applications. We have the same issue as you, but for us it is an NTP problem.

Thank Post
    I got caught by the issue with the proxy being entered with the slash as shown in the example in the documentation - luckily I found this thread and fixed the issue myself by editing the xml file on the server. I'd already emailed a screenshot of the "administrator dashboard" showing an error to Pearson and this was there reply!

Thank you for your email.

After looking at your screenshot I can see that your port 443 is definitely showing as blocked.

You will need to speak to your local authority to open this port for you and to allow bi-directional access for this port to allow the programme to work in an out.

Once they have opened this for you then you will be able to run this programme.

- - - Updated - - -

I got caught by the issue with the proxy being entered with the slash as shown in the example in the documentation - luckily I found this thread and fixed the issue myself by editing the xml file on the server. I'd already emailed a screenshot of the "administrator dashboard" showing an error to Pearson and this was there reply!

After looking at your screenshot I can see that your port 443 is definitely showing as blocked.

You will need to speak to your local authority to open this port for you and to allow bi-directional access for this port to allow the programme to work in an out.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    Yeah no issues in running the exams. Just a pain you have to manually set up each client to point to the the invigilator computer.

Although we just have it in one room at the moment so not a massive issue at the moment.

We just have a single user account designed just for it and have that set up to point to the relevant invigilator account.
    So far I've just deployed it out to a single invigilator computer and test computer, but I did not provide the invigilator computer name for the client, and when I ran the software as a student it brought up a list of the invigilator computers that they can connect to that session. Might help with automated deployment... I'll find out tomorrow once the rest of the room installs.

Thank Post
    Hi anyone else using this software with lan ranger ? as we have been having problems trying to get it working reliably ready for btec tests. We use one login account that is locked down for online testing and exams it has a mandatory group profile from ranger we are using win7 pro. But when we run demo tests 50% fail just after confirming the candidate name as it is loading the green bar at the top they fail at random percentages then the edi exe crashes. Today I have set the application data folder in ranger to redirect to the users home drive and ran 25 demo tests successfully first time. I then tried a few more demo tests on the machines with no problems they worked first time but as soon as I rebooted the machine we got them failing again on first login. Logoff and open test player and it opened correctly but already logged in to the previous failed attempt. Also deleting the local profile and doing the rediscover works again. Are we going to have to delete the local profile every time we do any tests?

Thank Post
    We're about to do a test on Thursday and apparently they have done an upgrade over the summer - has anyone heard the same? I've already done an upgrade before...just...argh!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonspurs View Post
    We're about to do a test on Thursday and apparently they have done an upgrade over the summer - has anyone heard the same? I've already done an upgrade before...just...argh!!!
    There was an upgrade released last week. We have tests due in November/December so have applied it.

Thank Post
    The last I heard from Pearson was that the upgrade had been delayed (30 Sept 2014) and I have had no information since! I have complained bitterly to Pearson several times about their continued upgrades as it involves such a lot of work but they continue to ignore me. At least our PE department are no longer doing the BTEC course which was equally abysmal as the software!

Thank Post
    I don't bother applying the upgrades until a few days before the tests. We only run them every so often and seems pointless doing them as soon as they come out just to end up probably having to upgrade again just before running the tests anyway.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mpatkts View Post
    The last I heard from Pearson was that the upgrade had been delayed (30 Sept 2014) and I have had no information since! I have complained bitterly to Pearson several times about their continued upgrades as it involves such a lot of work but they continue to ignore me. At least our PE department are no longer doing the BTEC course which was equally abysmal as the software!
    Yes, I had the same email, but they released it last week sometime and did not circulate an email. So it was released totally unannounced.

Thank Post
    Same here. Last e-mail I have from POP is dated 26th September.

Thank Post
    The upgrade is available. For those people struggling to find it, the link for it is on page 10 of the pdf of the installation guide which is on the Onscreen testing for next generation BTEC Firsts page of the website.
    Link to pdf is http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Docum...th%20Guide.pdf
    I had to ring them to find this out. I did point out that perhaps putting the link and the announcement of a new version in a more obvious place on the website might be a good idea but that doesn't seem to have occurred to them. Much of the other documentation on the web site relates to the old version and if you read it to check which version number is current its still showing the old version as up to date, which it isn't.
    We did manage to do a test last Friday for 20 BTEC Sport students with only one issue though - which is amazing for us. Oh, and the installation guide is well worth a read - note the requirement for the local time to be overruled, which must be a joy for overseas centres using a proper network.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread