+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Educational Software Thread, Pearson onscreen platform installation woes in Technical; Originally Posted by themightymrp I assume you can ping the names of the invigilator/admin machines from the clients? Yep can ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by themightymrp View Post
    I assume you can ping the names of the invigilator/admin machines from the clients?
    Yep can ping both.

Thank Post
    Had another successful exam yesterday here

Thank Post
    Yeah no issues in running the exams. Just a pain you have to manually set up each client to point to the the invigilator computer.

Although we just have it in one room at the moment so not a massive issue at the moment.

We just have a single user account designed just for it and have that set up to point to the relevant invigilator account.

Thank Post
    Have you checked the event viewer on the server running the exam center service... under Windows Logs/Applications. We have the same issue as you, but for us it is an NTP problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you checked the event viewer on the server running the exam center service... under Windows Logs/Applications. We have the same issue as you, but for us it is an NTP problem.

Thank Post
    I got caught by the issue with the proxy being entered with the slash as shown in the example in the documentation - luckily I found this thread and fixed the issue myself by editing the xml file on the server. I'd already emailed a screenshot of the "administrator dashboard" showing an error to Pearson and this was there reply!

Thank you for your email.

After looking at your screenshot I can see that your port 443 is definitely showing as blocked.

You will need to speak to your local authority to open this port for you and to allow bi-directional access for this port to allow the programme to work in an out.

Once they have opened this for you then you will be able to run this programme.

- - - Updated - - -

I got caught by the issue with the proxy being entered with the slash as shown in the example in the documentation - luckily I found this thread and fixed the issue myself by editing the xml file on the server. I'd already emailed a screenshot of the "administrator dashboard" showing an error to Pearson and this was there reply!

After looking at your screenshot I can see that your port 443 is definitely showing as blocked.

You will need to speak to your local authority to open this port for you and to allow bi-directional access for this port to allow the programme to work in an out.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    Yeah no issues in running the exams. Just a pain you have to manually set up each client to point to the the invigilator computer.

Although we just have it in one room at the moment so not a massive issue at the moment.

We just have a single user account designed just for it and have that set up to point to the relevant invigilator account.
    So far I've just deployed it out to a single invigilator computer and test computer, but I did not provide the invigilator computer name for the client, and when I ran the software as a student it brought up a list of the invigilator computers that they can connect to that session. Might help with automated deployment... I'll find out tomorrow once the rest of the room installs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314