+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Educational Software Thread, Parents Evening & Room Booking Software in Technical; Hello EduGeek! We're delighted to be sponsoring the Educational Software forum for the next few months. Our company has two ...
    Thank Post

Parents Evening & Room Booking Software

Hello EduGeek!

We're delighted to be sponsoring the Educational Software forum for the next few months. Our company has two main products: the Room Booking System and Parents Evening System, each managing millions of bookings for schools worldwide. We focus on making easy to use high quality software that just works, which is why we're SIMS Technical Partners & Advanced Learning Partners.

The Room Booking System is the market leading web based room & resource management system designed specifically for schools to manage the ever growing number of resources such as IT rooms, laptop trolleys, iPads, sports facilities & meeting rooms. It fully integrates with SIMS, Facility, Progresso and iSAMS so all timetable information (and cover for SIMS) is automatically synced. LDAP authentication and single sign-on are also supported meaning the system runs itself without any manual intervention. We offer a 30 day free trial at www.roombookingsystem.co.uk

The Parents Evening System allows parents to book appointments with teachers online. Parents no longer need to rely on their child to make appointments or worry about their return slip getting lost at the bottom of the schoolbag. The system integrates with SIMS & Facility so the system knows exactly who teaches each child. The school can view reports of parent attendance and track which students haven't booked appointments. You can use the system for one live evening for free - apply at www.parentseveningsystem.co.uk

Do you already use our software or have any questions? We'd love to hear from you - please post your comments/questions below and we'd be happy to answer them.

Thank Post
    We use the Room Booking System - Good Product!
    The SIMS integration makes life easy (pulls in timetable)!
    Capture-1.jpg
    Also, technical support is excellent.

3. Thanks to jon_Walsh from:

roombookingsystem (9th September 2013)

Thank Post
    We use the parents booking system, nothing but praise from the parents on how easy it is to use and how much more involved they are when it comes to booking appointments for parents evenings.

5. Thanks to timbo343 from:

Thank Post
    I can echo the Parents Evening System, we did a trail run last year, only 1 parent complained, because she had to do and her son couldn't that was it, the rest were asking when are you going to do this with the rest, the SIMS link is great, the only snag we found was if the parent didnt have a first name in SIMS, easily fixed with the sync run again.

Both Admin staff and teaching staff loved it, as it did the one great thing, it disposed of the paper.

7. Thanks to BKGarry from:

rad
    Thank Post
    We are going to be using PE from this year, looking forward to it

9. Thanks to rad from:

Thank Post
    For anyone in and around Newcastle, we're attending the ICT for Education conference next Friday (27th September). It's free to attend so we look forward to seeing some EduGeek members there! ICT for Education

Thank Post
    We've just started using the Room Booking system after using MRBS with Moodle and it is a different class in comparison in my experience. I didnt have the time or the skills necessary to develop MRBS enough to make it an worthwhile easy friendly system although we used it for 3 years plus! Every new school year was a hassle with room bookings for me until now!

This room booking system is very user friendly and the staff love it. There are a few limitations but they are mainly due to the way we run things in this school and none of these limitations were insurmountable. I have recently enabled LDAP so users can log in with their network credentials and it's running superbly well. Wish I had done this ages ago.

The SIMS integration with timetables, holidays etc is superb and I smile every day now

The various security permissions for each group, dept or per user is also really useful and the notifcations of new bookings, cancellations etc are appreciated by all users of the system!

The support is second to none, prompt and friendly. Well worth the money in my opinion and have also bought into Parent Evening system as a result.

Good job roombookingsystem and would recommend to anyone who has to maintain a room booking system!

12. Thanks to leegcvcc from:

roombookingsystem (23rd September 2013)

rad
    Thank Post
    Our PES was opened on Thursday for 2 weeks for yr 11s. Ill report back when it's been.

Thank Post
    We need a parents evening system. Is this one the best on the market or is Parents Evening Booking System better. They are both about the same price I think.

Thank Post
    Would totally recommend Parents Evening System - Online Parents Evening Software, so easy to use. you could have a trail/demo on both systems?
    Last edited by timbo343; 3rd October 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimanwill23 View Post
    We need a parents evening system. Is this one the best on the market or is Parents Evening Booking System better. They are both about the same price I think.
    We'd be more than happy to give you a demo - please contact us by PM or send a message here: http://www.parentseveningsystem.co.uk/contact.asp
    Last edited by roombookingsystem; 3rd October 2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: changed contact text

Thank Post
    Thanks, I will have a look at the website. Do you have any preferred MIS to integrate with out of Follet or Scholarpac.

Thank Post
    Another happy user of the room booking system here! Both myself and the staff love it and the support is fantastic.

19. Thanks to NewFormz from:

roombookingsystem (3rd October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimanwill23 View Post
    Thanks, I will have a look at the website. Do you have any preferred MIS to integrate with out of Follet or Scholarpac.
    We offer automatic integration with SIMS, Facility, Progresso & iSAMS and can import data very easily from most (if not all) others. I'm sure it'll work fine with Aspen - @GREED and I have met before!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roombookingsystem View Post
    We offer automatic integration with SIMS, Facility, Progresso & iSAMS and can import data very easily from most (if not all) others. I'm sure it'll work fine with Aspen - @GREED and I have met before!
    Indeed we have Marcus (or Robbie!), great to see you sponsoring the forum!

Aspen MIS can export the required data to both systems, in fact I myself build the export routine for RoomBookingSystem (rather proud of myself for that too!).

On a personal note, I used RoomBookingSystem myself many moons ago (I think we were one of their first wave of customers) and it is an excellent, simple system that sticks to what it needs to do: book rooms. Highly recommended.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast