+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Promethean Watermark in Technical; Does anyone get a watermark on the board after doing the upgrade to the new software? We unplug the boards, ...
    Thank Post

Promethean Watermark

Does anyone get a watermark on the board after doing the upgrade to the new software? We unplug the boards, remove the old software and drivers, then update, plug the board back into the box, and it picks it up, but there is this watermark that says:

"Hardware Not Detected"

Any ideas? :?

Thank Post

Re: Promethean Watermark

Does the board pen actually work? We had quite a few problems with AS3 and older type boards. In the end we had to flash our whiteboards to the newest version for AS3 to work.

Thank Post

The pens work. We actually just flashed one, upgraded the drivers, but it still has this error message. Other than the watermark, the board works which means it obviously detects the hardware.

:?:

Thank Post

Ok, check it out. We were using the 4.1.8 driver. Some of the boards were USB and others serial. We were playing around with the manual/auto detect. We knew no settings were needed for USB, so we were trying to figure out what the deal was.

Then, it kinda hit us. We downloaded the latest driver on the site, 4.1.12. we removed the old driver, installed the new and presto, the watermark was gone.

....now stay with me, this will kill ya. We figured out that there must have been a programming loop in the old driver. And when you had a USB or vice versa with serial connected, the driver still looked for the other type of connection. There wasn't anything to tell it to shut down the opposite driver. And so when you ran active studio, it recieved the message that the hardware wasn't detected (in this case, the serial driver wasn't dectcting a serial connection, but we were connnected USB). The driver loads both USB and serial and doesn't give you a choice , but that seems to be the answer to alot of the problems we've been having.

......a programming loop..........no notification...........

Thank Post

I have to ask the obvious question, why did you have USB and serial connected at the same time?

Thank Post

I would love to answer that question, Stu. 8)

Because that is the way the installers set it up .

We just didn't catch it until we were updating. However, that was not the board we had trouble with. The others aren't hooked up both ways, but the driver looks for both connections on the older version (4.1.8). If it doesn't find it, it says the hardware is not connected.

Thank Post

The serial cable is just for power and doesn't need to be connected to the machine, just leave it unplugged (unless you have no USB cable, then obviously have this connected). If you have a USB cable just use that. Do you have any problems when you only have USB connected.

PM me the name of the company that installed it, be it Promethean or anyone else. I don't want to get into a slanging match about installs, it might get me spanked.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread