+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Educational Software Thread, Uniservity in Technical; We have it working at some of our schools. Version 3 appears to be generally stable Appears to do what ...
    Thank Post
    We have it working at some of our schools. Version 3 appears to be generally stable

Appears to do what it is designed to do

Thank Post
    I'm interested, which schools? and they have full SIMS integration with UniServity?
    We seem to have real problems up North, the 'promised missing link' promised at the beginning of the year still hasn't appeared and as an Authority, we are losing schools that have only just signed up, so I would love to get in touch with schools that have read/write facility just to reassure schools that are waiting there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Cheers Bee

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I'm interested too, Our LEA bought uniservity and promised SIMS integration but they couldn't deliver it so we integrated moodle with SIMS instead.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    I'm interested too, Our LEA bought uniservity and promised SIMS integration but they couldn't deliver it so we integrated moodle with SIMS instead.
    That sounds more interesting. Is it in the wiki?

(sorry going of topic.)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    Well, we have bought and paid for 3 years of UniServity... any chance you can;
    UniServity => <= Moodle => <=SIMs??? dream on I think

Thank Post
    We have Uniservity VLE.
    I have been sent a 3-4 page instruction sheet and downloaded a software installer from their site which is supposed to enable the SIMS>Uniservity integration.

I have, admittedly, not yet doen anything about it, as we want to keep the username format we have on the AD domain, not use the system they have available on the import fields.

To get access to this information I sent an email to MIS @ UNISERVITY . COM with details of the school, and the support password. It may have helped that our LA is currently rolling it out to all 2ary schools (and all 1ary schools next term).

Just a reminder, there are currently no VLEs that are able to write back to SIMS (AFAIK).

Thank Post
    Hi
    Thanks for that, I'll follow that up
    I was refering to the 'promise' of the partnership of UniServity with Capita and their VLE + Webparts for read and write access into SIMS.
    I'm from Wirral too, which school are you at?

Thank Post
    The only thing ours does at present is fetch user information from SIMS to create VLE accounts. Mcshammer_dj, what does version 3 do?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    The only thing ours does at present is fetch user information from SIMS to create VLE accounts. Mcshammer_dj, what does version 3 do?
    version 3 is the stable version that currently will transfer class lists to the VLE platform for newly added children and leavers.
    There are plans for the utility to send data back to sims and receive data from SIMS to allow for parental reporting on the attendance and attainment. This does not need to be in place until 2010.

It is worth noting that the utility has never really been designed to allow for usernames to be created exactly as the schools might like. The utility is designed to link children known to the VLE and children known to the MIS.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beemooney View Post
    Well, we have bought and paid for 3 years of UniServity... any chance you can;
    UniServity => <= Moodle => <=SIMs??? dream on I think
    I wouldn't bother. the Uniservity doesn't even closely get to the functionality we have with moodle. Just ditch the Uniservity subscription and work on moodle.
    At the moment our sims/moodle integrates enrollment on courses, auto account creation, timetable integration. but so far we don;t write back to sims.
    There is some info here but it isn't comprehensive:
    SIMS and Moodle Integration

Thank Post
    I'm gonna be honest with you... The secondary school i'm working in.... We have University just because it was thrown at us by the LA, and well most of the staff including myself can't wait to get out of it. We are currently running a test moodle site and looks like we are heading towards that, although all depends on the powers that be.

Thank Post

Capita buy out of UniServity?

Anyone heard on the grapevine about a Capita buy out of UniServity?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123