+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, ClassWatch Microphone Issue in Technical; We have a mobile version of ClassWatch which consists of a laptop witht the ClassWatch software on it, along with ...
    Thank Post

Question ClassWatch Microphone Issue

We have a mobile version of ClassWatch which consists of a laptop witht the ClassWatch software on it, along with a video camera and USB microphone.

The camera is working and recording in the software OK but the microphone device is greyed out so we cant drag it in to the right-hand window to start recording sound.

In Device Manager the USB microphone is shown as working OK and if you go in to the Sound applet in Control Panel the microphone is shown as working as when we're talking the level is moving up and down accordingly.

Has anyone got the ClassWatch system, if so any ideas why the microphone is greyed out so we cant use it? I've been through all the menus and cant see any option of how to add/remove devices so need some help now please?!

Thank Post
    I had this - it's because the microphone was disconnected when the computer was on. I was sent these instructions:

Ensure mic is plugged in and switch on laptop. Check it can be recognised in windows / sound
    open mobile manager on desktop
    Click on 2nd tab from left (recorders)
    Double click hardware and click 2nd tab in window (audio)
    highlight device in line 1 &2 and click red remove button to delete from list.
    Click Green tick at bottom to confirm
    double click hardware again. Go to audio tab again
    Click green "add" button and select USB audio device from list. (This should add the device into position 1 & 2.)
    Click green tick at bottom to confirm
    Double click audio icon on left.
    Ensure in window that channel 1 is marked as in use and channel 2 is not in use. Delay should be -900ms. Compression is off.
    Click 2nd tab in window.
    Ensure sliders are both on 1% and 0% respectively
    Click button on right (Counter)
    Check audio is being received via level indicators on the sliders.
    Click green tick at bottom.
    Close manager and use.

(if this does not work 1st time, you may need to reboot the machine and start again. Ensure mic is always plugged in though)

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, I guess this once i should read the instructions rather than just getting on with it!

Thank Post
    do you guys experience any issues with the audio/video sync when recording? we just sent ours back to classwatch and were told that the only option available to us is to upgrade to the wifi version which includes it's own router (additional cost) or they send it back to us as it is. Apparently all units are configured exactly the same.

Thank Post
    No problems with synching what-so-ever, it just works now we plug things in to the same USB sockets as before.

Thank Post
    We are looking at one of these and had a demo today just wonder what people thought of these in general in regards to their use in school and benefits I can think of a few but just wondered what people thought that were already using these.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Cleaver View Post
    We are looking at one of these and had a demo today just wonder what people thought of these in general in regards to their use in school and benefits I can think of a few but just wondered what people thought that were already using these.
    We've had one for several years and I can count on one hand the amount of times it has been used. It's very good at what it does but I guess the Teachers are put off by the fact it's the portable one whereas if we'd had one fitted permanently in to a room it may be a different story.

Thank Post
    @Fazza when you export your files, how do you do it? Which format do you export to? Do you have the cabled version which plugs into the POE switch? We can't understand why our audio and video gets worse as the video goes along.

Thank Post
    Sorry, can't help with exporting as it's not something I've had to do yet. The teachers that have used it watch it back after the lesson - it's mainly used so they can evaluate their own lessons.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread