+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, SMART 10.6 and Windows 7 - cannot use gestures on whiteboard to move objects in Technical; Our teacher laptops have just gone from Windows XP to Windows 7. We're using them with Smart Notebook 10.6 and ...
    Thank Post

SMART 10.6 and Windows 7 - cannot use gestures on whiteboard to move objects

Our teacher laptops have just gone from Windows XP to Windows 7. We're using them with Smart Notebook 10.6 and SB660 Smartboards. One of the teachers is experiencing something strange with the SMART software now. Previously she could just tap an object on the SMART board and it would the same as left-clicking with the mouse to select it, and then she could then move the object around.

Now, with Windows 7, we've played with it and we can get objects to move, but it's very hit and miss as to whether the object selects in the first place. For example, we've tried the interactive clock and we are struggling to get the hands to move around. We've also tried doodling with a pen on the board, and then picking that up and moving it around. Once we've got it selected, it will move beautifully, but it takes two or three goes to actually select it.

I've tried making sure the firmware is upgraded, orienting the board (fine settings), changing the sensitivity of the pens / fingertips settings etc. but this has not made a difference. It all works fine from the laptop with the mouse. I'm just wondering if there's something in Windows 7 that needs fine-tuning to get the board to work as a device. Or ????

Thank Post
    isnt 10.7 the realistic minimum and preferably 10.8/11 for windows 7?

ive seen that issue before but i cant remember how i resolved it i think i just updated smart

ht6

Thank Post
    Disable the tablet service in services.msc, and disable tablet emulation on the SmartBoard in Device Manager.

4. Thanks to ht6 from:

stevenlong1985 (23rd April 2013)

Thank Post
    Well I was just looking up versions of SMART notebook and Windows 7 as per Sted's sugggestion and I cam across this article:

Windows 7 and click and drag problems on the SMART Board - Teq Blog

Start -> control panel -> Pen and Touch
    Clicked the "Panning" tab
    Unchecked "Turn on single finger panning"

And it's fixed! Selecting and moving works fine. The teacher was so happy she asked the kids to give me a cheer and I high-fived my way out of the classroom.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread