+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Removing Policy Central in Technical; there was a computer in my school which policy central (PCENT) would'nt work due to the fact that the Infilter32.dll ...

Thank Post

Removing Policy Central

there was a computer in my school which policy central (PCENT) would'nt work due to the fact that the Infilter32.dll which is a really important dll for policy central to run. If i delete the dll will it damage the computer. I dont want to actually damage the computer, just to get policy central to stop blocking EVERYTHING I GO ON (not literally)

please reply if u think u know im desperate here!

Thank Post
    You've joined today and this is your first post.... Something seems a bit suspicious to me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wzrj2012 View Post
    there was a computer in my school which policy central (PCENT) would'nt work due to the fact that the Infilter32.dll which is a really important dll for policy central to run. If i delete the dll will it damage the computer. I dont want to actually damage the computer, just to get policy central to stop blocking EVERYTHING I GO ON (not literally)

please reply if u think u know im desperate here!
    Go and tell your network manager how you got admin rights on that pc. Then ask him/her if they'll help you remove policy central.

Thank Post
    Then go to the English Department, and see if they can help you formulate a question that actually makes sense, is complete, and doesn't make you look like a student trying to bypass network security.. oh wait...

Thank Post
    U cant go round saying these things on the internet. I go to a Learning difficulties school and my english is not as good as a normal 13 year olds would be and secondly if you aren't going to say anything helpful dont say anything at all plz

Thank Post
    That's fine, but still means that you shouldn't be attempting to do what you have asked. I doubt anyone here will tell you different. This is an educational IT site, not a site where you will learn how to bypass the security that has been put in place by our colleagues, for your safety. If you don't like the responses, don't ask questions you know you shouldn't.

Thank Post
    the one website and one website i only want to go on is youtube. Is'nt there some kind of filter so that i can speak to the headmaster about unblocking youtube but having it so it blocks inapropriate content.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wzrj2012 View Post
    the one website and one website i only want to go on is youtube. Is'nt there some kind of filter so that i can speak to the headmaster about unblocking youtube but having it so it blocks inapropriate content.
    There are facilities for this such as youtube for education but you'll have to speak to your network administrator or the head about your schools implementation of this. Various filter technologies can also do some fancy business with the youtube site to make sure only appropriate content is accessible.

Not all schools a proactive with technology, it's good that you want to access content that is appropriate but at the same time asking us for ways around your schools system wasn't the right way to go about it. If you strike up a well constructed argument and research it for him maybe he'll be more inclined to help you get what you want out of it

9. Thanks to mrbios from:

vikpaw (24th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,616 Posts
    Your school has a policy blocking Youtube for a reason. The way to get round it is to find a reason to be on there that the school agrees with. Your school computers are provided for teaching and learning, not for your personal entertainment.

We have some very clever people on here who spend a lot of time making sure that their school networks are kept safe from malware and other things that might cause damage to the school, its students or anything else associated with the school.

There is a version of Youtube called Youtube for Schools that some schools choose to let through their filtering, but often that is only for staff.

I will point out at this time that your school will not only have blocking software in place, it will also have tracking software in place so it can see who is trying to get into what websites. It's clever stuff.

To save you from further rough-handling, I am choosing to lock this thread. You will not get any sympathy from IT Technicians here, one of whom may well be the one at your school.
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 22nd March 2013 at 05:34 PM.

11. Thanks to elsiegee40 from:

vikpaw (24th March 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread