+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, RobotC (Lego Software) in Technical; I'm having an issue with RobotC recent activations. I have 25 identical freshly imaged machines and 6 of them wont ...
    Thank Post

RobotC (Lego Software)

I'm having an issue with RobotC recent activations. I have 25 identical freshly imaged machines and 6 of them wont start up RobotC. Second I start it up I get "RobotC Integrated Development Environment has stopped working". Any suggestions? I've had non stop issues with this program... Is RobotC that bugged and underdeveloped? They are all up to date and re installing doesn't fix the issue.

Any thoughts on the program or the issue?

Thanks

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 880 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some detail that might help: What operating system are your clients?

Guessing Windows 7 but what else: Edition/SP/32 Bit/64 Bit?

Have you checked the event logs?

I did a quick Google search for your error message and tuned up the RobotC forum with the following three posts:

Link 1: ROBOTC.net forums - View topic - Compiler crash involving undefined procedures in functions

Link 2: ROBOTC.net forums - View topic - Error Downloading Firmware

Link 3: ROBOTC.net forums - View topic - RobotC crashes on Vista upon selecting Download Firmware

Haven't looked at these threads as they wouldn't mean much to me [we don't have RobotC]

Perhaps they will be of use to you? Hopefully.

Thank Post
    Have you tried the ROBOTC customer support? support@robotc.net I've not had any problems once I had my software setup and their ticketing system has gotten back to me very quickly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeo695 View Post
    I'm having an issue with RobotC recent activations. I have 25 identical freshly imaged machines and 6 of them wont start up RobotC. Second I start it up I get "RobotC Integrated Development Environment has stopped working". Any suggestions? I've had non stop issues with this program... Is RobotC that bugged and underdeveloped? They are all up to date and re installing doesn't fix the issue.

Any thoughts on the program or the issue?

Thanks
    Hi there,

My name is Tim Friez and I'm one of the developers of ROBOTC. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with using the ROBOTC software. The issue you're describing could be a number of issues, but I would need more information in order to provide better assistance. Off the top of my head, are the 6 machines that are crashing set up differently on your network (I.e behind a proxy?).

Feel free to email either the previously reported "support@robotc.net" which is our mail ticketing support email, or contact me directly via the forums and ill be happy to assist to help you get up and running. The one mail thing I would suggest is to make sure you're running the latest version of ROBOTC (3.54) - if not you can download it at ROBOTC.net :: Home of the best robot programming language for Educational Robotics. Made for NXT programming and VEX programming..

Thank Post
    Resolved:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I was actually able to solve it by triggering the install from the NXT Driver website and though it was already installed, triggering the install seemed to resolve the issue some how. I guess it had to recognize that it had the driver already installed. *Everything was up to date and win 7 64bit machines.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread