+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Anyone using Wordwall in Technical; Is anyone using this software? Wordwall | Make interactive games for the classroom The teachers had a demo, liked what ...

Thank Post

Anyone using Wordwall

Is anyone using this software? Wordwall | Make interactive games for the classroom

The teachers had a demo, liked what they saw and were offered a free site licence. Wasnt involved at all so not sure how it all works but now they want it installed across the School. I think it works with Voting Pads of some sort and the company make their money selling these. If anyone has had any experience of this software then please let me know if there are any catches to their Free software.

Thank Post
    We use Wordwall but it wasn't free, it uses voting pads as you said and our teachers loved it, I ran several demo's showing the HOD how to setup/create Wordwall interactive activities and they were hooked. I was asked to purchase 4 sets of voting pads and a site licence. We had demo'd the Promethean handsets first but I found the Wordwall handsets and software much more user friendly both for the staff creating the activities and the students using the voting pads

The software is very easy to install and use and there is an ever growing library of resources created by Wordwall and other schools (these can be made available to share upon creation)

If you can get it for free I would say go for it!!

3. Thanks to rickypike from:

fiza (18th December 2012)

Thank Post
    There's recently been an update to WordWall that requires a new installer. I personally had to install the old version manually on every computer (Yay for NetSupport's 'execute at client'!) and the only problem I had was that the order of the boxes isn't in the order it ought to be! Pressing TAB makes your cursor jump between boxes like a kangaroo on drugs. Aside from that tiny gripe, it installed fine.

I mention the recent update because - so far as I know - silent administrative installs using msiexec don't work with it. A colleague emailed them about it to be told they 'were working on it' but I don't know anything beyond that, so I'm not sure if that's an available option yet.

As for actually using the software, I wouldn't have a clue. I just install it. Haven't had any complaints so far (except the one-or-two I accidentally mis-typed the serial key), but whether that's because it works wonderfully, or because nobody uses it, I'm not sure

5. Thanks to Garacesh from:

fiza (18th December 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickypike View Post
    If you can get it for free I would say go for it!!
    The software is free but does it work without the voting pads? The pads have been quoted at 50 each.

edit: I should say the software is being offered free as they say they want us to be a pilot school in this area for wordwall.
    Last edited by fiza; 18th December 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    The software is free but does it work without the voting pads? The pads have been quoted at 50 each.
    I.T. Manager her says yes, it works without the voting pads. We only have a few and have WordWall on ~60 machines, can't have a pad for all of them xD

8. Thanks to Garacesh from:

fiza (19th December 2012)

Thank Post
    We have it installed on a shared drive and it just works. This was around a year or two ago when I set it up, so not sure when the new software was released that is mentioned above.

We've also got a set of voting pads but they tend to just use the software without the voting pads - to make wordsearches mostly!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    We have it installed on a shared drive and it just works. !
    So no need to install it manually on each PC?

Thank Post
    Checked today and we've got WordWall 2.3 and i've just got it installed on a shared drive with a shortcut pointing to the .exe, no extra permissions in place and it just seems to work. Noticed version 3 is out now so will give that a go.

Thank Post
    resurrecting my own old post here

We have just had another demo here of the new wordwall. It now works with a tablet (they call it wordpad) or with a respondanywhere licence can be used on any device.
    Seems to do a lot more than it used to and with the tablet - interaction between kids and teacher looks good.

Is anyone using it with android tablets?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread