+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Smartboard 600 Series Problem in Technical; Hello, We currently have 52 Smartboards at our school and these are a combination of SB500-SB600 boards all manufactured before ...

Thank Post

Smartboard 600 Series Problem

Hello,

We currently have 52 Smartboards at our school and these are a combination of SB500-SB600 boards all manufactured before 2012. We have just bought 4 new SB660 boards manufactured this year but after what I thought would just be a quick replacement, have found that the board won't speak to the computer. We are currently running Smart version 10.0.123.0.01:25:09 Apr 3 2008 and Driver version 10.0.124.0. My question is has the firmware changed for boards made in 2012 and therefore the driver needs to be updated and/or has anyone else experienced this.

Kind Regards

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 761 Posts
    Yes, pretty sure you'll need to install newer drivers. We bought a 680 last year and the version of the drivers we already had didn't support it.

Thank Post
    Thanks AngryTechnician. I didn't want to do this as the new drivers come with all the new added features such as Ink Layer and security support. I will have to try and slim this down before I install.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanWLewis View Post
    Thanks AngryTechnician. I didn't want to do this as the new drivers come with all the new added features such as Ink Layer and security support. I will have to try and slim this down before I install.
    We had the same issue with new boards. They have a different controller board (SC12 i think ) upgraded from the SC9 however they did work fine with Smartboard 10 until the teacher upgraded the software to 11 whweupon it killed the smartboard service everytime I connected the board. I reimaged the PC ( intel mobo with i3CPU ) and it still didn't work!? so I moved it to Win 7 64 where it started to work again. As usual Smartboard denied any knowledge of any issue but told me a that a new version was imminent - even though there was apparently 'nothing wrong ' in the version 11....
    I mow have blanket ban on updating smart software but i dont know what port to block their messaging on - could someone advise? ( teachers are local admins on their IWB machine so can accept updates from smart)

Thanks

S

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker View Post
    We had the same issue with new boards. They have a different controller board (SC12 i think ) upgraded from the SC9 however they did work fine with Smartboard 10 until the teacher upgraded the software to 11 whweupon it killed the smartboard service everytime I connected the board. I reimaged the PC ( intel mobo with i3CPU ) and it still didn't work!? so I moved it to Win 7 64 where it started to work again. As usual Smartboard denied any knowledge of any issue but told me a that a new version was imminent - even though there was apparently 'nothing wrong ' in the version 11....
    I mow have blanket ban on updating smart software but i dont know what port to block their messaging on - could someone advise? ( teachers are local admins on their IWB machine so can accept updates from smart)

Thanks

S
    You can customise the Smart installer to turn off automatic updates using the Smart Admin toolkit which you can download from the Smart website, its great for us so we have all the shared content on a share and no updates and pre-activated V10 job done and no-nagging updates.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread