+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, PretonSaver Printer software in Technical; Hi Guys Have any of you used the Prenton saver software - it guarantess to save you 30% on your ...

Thank Post

PretonSaver Printer software

Hi Guys

Have any of you used the Prenton saver software - it guarantess to save you 30% on your print consumables??

looked at the website Teamlogic - TLS PretonCloud and its mentions a "patented mathematical algorithms" is that newspeak for snake oil??

Personally id like to save 100% on consuamables and get rid off all the printers in the college!!!! but i know this will never happen.

just wondered if anyone has used the software and would welcome any feedback good or bad!

Steve
    Last edited by staylor1972; 5th October 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    So they're saying that when there is an overlap on the page they only print half of the overlap effectively? if there is an overlap do printers really print over the same space on the paper twice?

Ben

Thank Post
    i doubt it very much!!

I like the bit were is says about ease of installation - it only takes 2 hours with the default settings!!!

The powers that be want me to investigate it to see how much we can save!
    Last edited by staylor1972; 5th October 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Thank Post
    We have been thoroughly testing PretonSaver for several months and working in partnership with TeamLogic on the results/queries of the trial. We have tested the product against over 150 Applications on 6 different models of HP multi function printers. We have also analysed the results against every toner cartridge using toner weight tests. I can confirm the product does "what it says on the tin" ! Our tests were carried out following the printing of over 30,000 pages and we saw savings of 29% when the settings of PretonSaver were set at 30%. So the company's claims to being +/- 5% on the savings are correct.

When set at 25% there is very little noticeable difference in print quality. We have now purchased the product and have deployed it to 3,000 Pcs (along with the software's optional power management module). Purchasing this product is a "no-brainer". I'm happy to share further details if anybody wants to email me contact details.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turnew View Post
    We have been thoroughly testing PretonSaver for several months and working in partnership with TeamLogic on the results/queries of the trial. We have tested the product against over 150 Applications on 6 different models of HP multi function printers. We have also analysed the results against every toner cartridge using toner weight tests. I can confirm the product does "what it says on the tin" ! Our tests were carried out following the printing of over 30,000 pages and we saw savings of 29% when the settings of PretonSaver were set at 30%. So the company's claims to being +/- 5% on the savings are correct.

When set at 25% there is very little noticeable difference in print quality. We have now purchased the product and have deployed it to 3,000 Pcs (along with the software's optional power management module). Purchasing this product is a "no-brainer". I'm happy to share further details if anybody wants to email me contact details.
    If that's so true, why are you still "testing" it after over a year of use?

28th July 2011, 07:07 PM

We are currently undertaking a large test of Pretonsaver. We use HP MFPs (240 of them) and use the Safecom Print Management solution. We are looking at using Pretonsave to reduce toner expenditure. We produce 375,000 pages per week. Our initial findings are very positive and we are seeing savings of between 35 and 45% on print jobs with regard to toner reduction. These figures are not from the manufacturer, these are from our own tests. At 35% reduction there isn't much difference in the printed output quality either. We still have some testing to do but based on the figures so far the purchase of this product is a "No Brainer" as it will pay for itself in just over 3 months ! I would strongly recommend looking at this product. I have contact details if anybody wants to PM me.

PS - This technology works for inkjets and Laser prints and not photocopiers so if you have a managed service with copiers ..... sorry ... no use !
    Any product which is that good, saves you millions of pounds on toner (at 375k pages per week), and has no issues, I don't understand why you'd still be testing it?

Just my 2 cents though. It may be every bit as good as you say, but then I'm sure a lot more people would be using it, and not pretty much the same post everytime it's mentioned.

Steve

Thank Post
    We've finished our testing Steve and have bought and deployed the product. The process has been a longer one than expected as we are reporting our findings in partnership with the Welsh Government's Efficiencies Board on determining it's impact for the whole of the public sector in Wales. Our PretonSaver findings will then form part of a report on Print Strategy for the public sector in Wales. Page 38 of http://wales.gov.uk/docs/det/publica...irectoryen.pdf

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'll admit this was possibly a year and a half ago when I last looked at the Preton software, however as an initial test I ran it on my machine and uninstalled it 3 days later. While the quality difference isn't supposed to be noticable, on the printer I was using Preton managed to strip images and watermarks out of documents on the default settings and with supposedly no toner saving applied the printout still looked very washed out, almost as if a new toner was needed despite it being a brand new toner installed.

I did speak to Teamlogic about it, however I wasn't impressed that even with settings set to 0 the quality was still pretty poor, in the end it could have been either the printer I was using or the fact it was a compatabile toner that was in at the time.

I like the theory, I don't think it's a bad product and it certainly does reduce the amount of toner being used, but my advice is it certainly needs testing and the settings tweaked against every printer your going to run it with.

Thank Post
    We had some issues with Organisational charts in MS Word but this was resolved by changing the brightness setting. We've tested on HP MFP's - colour models 6030/40, 4730, 3530 and Mono Models 9040/50, 4345 and 3035. We didn't notice any difference at 0% to what we were printing before Preton and prints were still very acceptable at 25% to 30%. At 35% you started to notice the greying and anything above 50% was really noticeable. We have also tested both HP originals and re-manufactured (Clover) toners. We saw savings over both originals and re-manufactured but different percentage of savings on each especially the colour ones. We have now also moved to Clover remanufactured toners to further reduce costs. It's definitely worth a try as a product though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread