+ Post New Thread
Educational Software Thread, Interactive White Board issue - Attempted dragging = scrolling the screen in Technical; As the title suggests, I have an issue with my IWB that has occured in the last two weeks. My ...

Thank Post

Question Interactive White Board issue - Attempted dragging = scrolling the screen

As the title suggests, I have an issue with my IWB that has occured in the last two weeks.

My class can click/ tap on items on the IWB (I.e Icons or things in games), but when they try and drag any items in internet explorer on games etc, the screen/ web page scrolls up and down instead - almost as if the another button is being held down. We can drag items in the Smart Board software fine, the errors just seems to occur on websites. The ICT technician came and had a look and said he would 'go away and have a think' which basically means he will forget about the issue and then return in three months so I am trying to resolve this myself.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be and how to resolve it? I have tried removing and reinserting all cables.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Laura

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,094 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purrrrrfect44 View Post
    . The ICT technician came and had a look and said he would 'go away and have a think' which basically means he will forget about the issue and then return in three months so I am trying to resolve this myself.
    Not entirely sure that this is the comment that is going to get you help on a forum populated by ICT technicians!
    Us techies can't always fix everything - some issue are sometimes almost impossible and a solution sometimes, just can't be found immediately - 3 months is entirely possible for an issue to be returned to again and again.

What sort of things are you trying to drag? I'm not sure you actually can drag things on a website - have you been able to in the past?
    If you can click and drag things with the Smartboard software then I doubt very much that it is a problem with the board itself

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Not entirely sure that this is the comment that is going to get you help on a forum populated by ICT technicians!
    Us techies can't always fix everything - some issue are sometimes almost impossible and a solution sometimes, just can't be found immediately - 3 months is entirely possible for an issue to be returned to again and again.

What sort of things are you trying to drag? I'm not sure you actually can drag things on a website - have you been able to in the past?
    If you can click and drag things with the Smartboard software then I doubt very much that it is a problem with the board itself
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    If you see my message I referred to the technician as a he (no i'm not being sexist either) and I am referring to one particular person (with whom we have had prior issues with so the 3 months wasn't a insult rather a statement of a fact - and 3 months of a child's education in my class is rather a long time so I would prefer it to be resolved or replaced within a shorter timescale so we can as a class use the IWB to its full potential - I understand that the issue may not be able to be resolved in this timescale or at all - but then a replacement should be requested). It wasn't a general comment and I mean no offence to other professionals.

I mean within the games - I.e. this one Picnic on Pluto phonics game it happens on all other game websites we try to use as well so is not an isolated issue.
    Usually the children are able to drag things within the game but instead the screen scrolls. I can still use the keyboard to click and drag the said items.

I'm usually quiet good at resolving issues myself but this one has me perplexed. I agree it seems limited to the internet - but it seems strange to have occurred now when it was working perfectly well before.

Laura

Thank Post
    Have you got Pen Flicks turned on? That was an issue for us once.

Info: What are pen flicks?
    To Disable: http://wordpress.district87.org/comm...s-and-panning/
    Last edited by auhsor; 13th September 2012 at 01:20 AM.

5. Thanks to auhsor from:

witch (15th September 2012)

Thank Post
    +1 for pen flicks - seen the same issue and resolved by disabling flicks

7. Thanks to Dom_ from:

witch (15th September 2012)

Thank Post
    You solved it! Thank you all very much - I now have a fully working IWB.
    Thank you again for the help, I would never have figured out that this was the issue.

Laura.

Thank Post
    gpo>computer>policies>admin templates>windows componants>tablet pc>pen UX>prevent flicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread