IT Technician at Small Software House in Education Sector
SalamanderSoft is a small but growing software house providing integration and SharePoint products and services to the education sector. As part of our growth, we are now looking for an experienced network technician/manager to install and support our products. This could be a part-time or a full-time role, with flexible hours, and will be based from home.
To date, I have been responsible for the whole business including all development, installation and support work. I am now looking for someone to take on some of the installation and support tasks. I will continue to do a lot of this as it is important to me to stay in touch with customers and gather their feedback.
You will be responsible for remotely installing our range of products into schools. This will involve liaison with the customer to determine their requirements, installing the applications, making sure that they are running correctly and providing on-going support for them. This is a strongly customer facing role and you will be dealing with them on a day-to-day basis. There may be the possibility of some on-site work.
The main products you would be dealing with are our range of integration tools linking the school MIS to Active Directory, SharePoint and other systems. For the right person there will be opportunities in SharePoint administration and no code development.
I am looking for someone who:
- uses their initiative and gets things done. I'm not looking for someone I need to manage on a minute by minute basis.
- has expertise and experience maintaining Active Directory, ideally in a school environment.
- has knowledge and experience of Sims.net and/or Facility CMIS.
- is comfortable with scripting, especially Active Directory.
- experience with SharePoint and/or Moodle would be a definite advantage.
- is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- demonstrates great attention to detail.
- is able to effectively work from home.
- is comfortable and flexible when dealing with customers. The customer is always right and gets what they want!
- is pro-active in their approach to problems.
- preferably Microsoft certified or working towards it
Salary will be dependent on experience.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV with covering letter and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Benefits and salary will depend on the experience of the candidate. All applicants must be able to legally work in the UK and due to the nature of the sector we work in we require all employees to be CRB checked.