IT Systems Administrator - Manchester - £24,235-£26,753
I have an opening in my team for a IT Systems Administrator to start over the summer.
The full job description and application form will be listed on our website later today - Loreto College.
I am the Network Manager for the college; let me know if you have any questions.
Loreto College, Manchester, is a leading sixth form college in the North West looking to recruit a confident, personable, enthusiastic and knowledgeable IT Systems Administrator to join the Cross College IT Support team.
As an IT Systems Administrator you will be a key member in the team responsible for maintaining the college IT Systems, along with 3 Technicians, the Deputy Network Manager and Network Manager. The team is responsible for over 1000 PCs, 250 Macs and 2500 users, and has a focus on designing, implementing and supporting systems in-house. The college has enjoyed significant investment in IT in recent years, and is looking to make the most of the investment made and continue to drive innovation in the use of IT and improve the service offered to staff and students.
As well as the technical aspects of this role outlined below, you will have excellent customer service skills for dealing with staff and students, good time management and organisational skills, and be capable of producing high quality documentation and reports.
You will also have worked in a similar sized organisation in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years, and have a strong educational background.
To be considered, you will have at a minimum experience working with:
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Windows 7 / Office 2010 core applications
• Mac OS X
• Exchange Server 2010
• VMware vSphere v4.x or later
• iSCSI SANs
• Managed network switch & firewall configuration
• Active Directory & Group Policy design and management
• Networking knowledge including LAN design, managed switch configuration, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, 802.1x, etc.
• Software packaging and distribution in a similar size environment
Additionally it would be highly beneficial to have experience or skills with:
• ITIL / FITS
• IP based telephony
• System Center Config Manager 2007 R3 or later
• System Center Ops Managaer 2007 R3 or later
• Sharepoint 2010
• Lync 2010
• Mac OS X Management in an AD environment
• WSUS, IIS, DFS, Linux/UNIX, Failover Clustering etc.
• Dell Equallogic SANs
• Remote Desktop Services / Terminal Services
• Good communication and social skills both with staff, students and within the IT support team
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
• A positive attitude towards teamwork and collaboration
• Must be a self-starter, quick learner, attentive to details, able to multi-task and have excellent initiative.
Closing date: Monday 16 July - 12pm
Interviews: Friday 20 July