My current role, I am leaving Feb. Good to see they've upped the pay slightly - my feedback was taken on-board.
Have a very capable technician and very eager trainee, I didn't write the advert!
A few pointers:
- Netbook per year 7 (IC), scripted VBS to XP Home (no budget for pro, may be in April as have had discussions about it)
- Mac Suite disconnected from domain (by media team choice, soon to be migrated to new build)
- Netbook per VI former, weekly checks of all laptops.
- Sophos EM, Sophos Filtering, Studywiz, Exchange 07, XP network (Win 7 in testing by the tech at the moment & deployment) on 2003 domain but 3 new servers 2008 and 1 ESXi.
- ESXi installed and setup, will replace a few servers.
- Office 2003, 2007 popping up occasionally (for those who need it)
- Network of around 250 desktops & 400 laptops/netbooks
- Ruckus deployed
- New build nearly finished with more machines to come in (internet cafe).
- Maintenance of the old website, will be project to make new website, this may be done before the new starter.
- Intranet based on Joomla
- Academic mentoring based on google docs - not sure if this will stay an ICT job
- All rooms have IWB+Proj, some projs are aged and i've mentioned that some are in need of replacement because of age and compatibility.
- Core network equip needs a full refurb, has grown massively and has been added to incrementally and it's a bit of a mess - no money to change the core - yet.
- Sims patch/upgrade management & SamLearning accts.
- Netbooks Samsung NC20s, NC10s and N130s - no plans for refreshes on these, mainly Tosh laptops, HP desktops and some real old RM Catalysts (no rm software!) as whiteboard machines.
- Trainee maintains a booking system which he made in Excel/VBA
- Spiceworks as the helpdesk, not using for network inventory.
Anything else you'd like to know, feel free to send me a PM. It is a good role, I've just... had my time at the school - had a very bad year and that's no fault of the schools. I need a change of scenary and am leaving the school on good terms. Alot of room setups, putting speakers in rooms & toggling for projector outputs - all of the normal types of thing.
It's a very busy job, very hands on - be prepared for some busy days and some last minute requests.