Volunteer IT Manager Wanted (London)
Article 25 is an operational UK registered charity that designs, builds, and manages projects to provide better shelter wherever there is disaster, poverty, or need.
Volunteer: I.T. Manager
Article 25 require a volunteer IT Manager for an immediate start to oversee all aspects of the IT infrastructure. The post holder will be the central point of contact for the office regarding all Information Technology facilities in the Article 25 offices, and any queries regarding these services. The succesful applicant will work on job-share basis with our existing Volunteer I.T. Manager to provide support to a busy office of 20+ employees and volunteers. The position is a part-time (3 days per week), voluntary role based in the central London office.
* Audit and assessment of current status of office IT systems and facilities.
* Re-installation and clean-up of software, downloading relevant freeware (Skype, pdf readers etc).
* Administration and maintenance of office network infrastructure, including additions, deletions and major modifications.
* Implementation of network security.
* Oversee troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
* Interact with internal staff to help resolve IT-related issues and provide answers in a timely manner.
* Maintenance of website content with the support of internal staff to ensure content is up to date and accessible at all times.
* Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
* Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies.
* Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly.
* Any other IT support as necessary.
* Specialised training e.g. CCNA or MCSE / relevant degree / equivalent work experience.
* Experience in managing TCP/IP networks, 3COM switches, firewalls, CAT5e patching etc.
* Windows Server 2003, MS Active Directory and Exchange experience.
* Experience of rolling out Microsoft XP desktops including but not limited to OS installs, device driver installs, MS security updates and patching, adding PCs to the local domain etc.
* An ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users when required.
* Submit a CV and covering letter to Alick Macleod at Article 25.
* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org