Assistant ICT and Network Co-ordinator
This post has just become available so please take this as a job description in progress.
Contact me for more details.
Location: Moat Community College - Leicester
£24-£27K Full time - Permanent (well, as permanent as anything with BSF on the horizon gets these days)
Summary of job tasks:
Key Tasks overall purpose will be achieved by:
- Assisting teachers in their use of ICT.
- Working in partnership with teaching staff to develop ICT in Schemes of work across the key stages.
- Creating ICT resources in collaboration with teaching staff.
- Being responsible for the development of the MLE so that it becomes a platform for independent learning.
- Providing ICT support to students by supporting lessons where ICT is used and attending/running homework clubs at lunchtimes/before or after school
- Liaising with teaching staff and the ICT Network coordinator to understand the learning objectives of each lesson.
- Being responsible for the configuration/maintenance of the school’s ICT networks.
- Providing technical support for all users, curriculum, administrative and extended schools.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an educational setting
- Experience of administering a Windows Server 2003/2008 network, using Active Directory.
- Experience of website maintenance and development.
- Experience of using SharePoint/ SharePoint Designer.
- Experience of supporting others in the use of ICT with a wide range of skill levels.
- Experience of creating user guidance material.
- Experience of producing written reports on development proposals/performance metrics.
- An interest in and knowledge of current ICT developments and trends.
- Experience of troubleshooting ICT technical problems.
- Ability to configure network switches and setup IP4 routing
- Experience of creating and distributing computer images using Ghost or Windows Distribution Services