E-Learning Programme Manager - Bristol
This opportunity may not suit users of this site. I thought I would post news of it anyway just incase someone finds it of interest.
From the webpage advertising the vacancy:
E-Learning Programme Manager Bristol
Etica is looking for an E-Learning Programme Manager to join a market leader in new and emerging technologies related to the Educational sector.
As the Programme Manager you will be responsible for the successful implementation of Innovation Programmes in particular specialist areas, for example e-learning, e-research, digital libraries, e-content. You will use appropriate programme management methodologies in order to ensure that projects and activities within the programme are successful, deliver to time and within budget.
* Ability to effectively manage projects or programmes.
* Prince 2 qualified
* An understanding and experience of Further Education, Higher Education and / or Adult and Community Learning in the UK
* Specialist knowledge in one or more areas including: programme and project management, e-Learning, e-assessment, e-portfolio, learning and teaching activities and resources, technology enhanced learning environments, administrative ICT to support learning and teaching, educational technology standards etc
* Recent experience of managing multiple projects or programme management.
* Excellent organisational skills
* An extensive knowledge of relevant and current developments in the use of educational technologies and an understanding of the issues related to using technology to support education and research.
* Experience of working within an appropriate specialist area such as authentication, content, digitisation, GRID technologies, information architectures, network technology, pedagogy, preservation, web access and repositories.
* Experience of running workshops, seminars, conferences.
* A good degree and/or relevant professional qualification
* A qualification in project or programme management e.g. PRINCE-2 or Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
* Excellent oral, written communication and inter-personal skills
* An ability to act and work independently and as an effective and enthusiastic team member
* Ability to be proactive in forming relationships and driving productive collaborative work.
* An ability to act as an effective and enthusiastic member of a distributed team
* Experience of working at a national level on current e-learning, e-libraries or e-research programmes.
* Self-reliant, and able to take responsibility for a specific area of work.
* Able to manage own workload, resolve competing demands, and cope with changing priorities in a flexible and proactive way.
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* A willingness to travel, nationally as required, with occasional overnight stays, as necessary
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £36k - £44k pa
Date Advertised: 06 Aug 2009
Advertising website: Link