IT Technician - Educational Facility - Frimley
NB: Closing date not known/not posted: Date of posting on website: 17th September.
IT Technician - Educational Facility - Frimley: Up to £25000
Report to the Network Manager
Work within a company that is seeking excellence in all aspects of ICT to enhance Teaching and Learning
To assist the Network Manager in the efficient operation of the school’s computer infrastructure.
1. Ensure full compliance with Health & Safety at Work Act;
2. Ensure full compliance with Electricity at Work Act;
3. Assist with the maintenance of a quality ICT infrastructure to the School;
4. To act as first line support for the school’s laptops;
5. Liaise with outside organisations in the event of technical issues which require specialist support;
6. Maintain appropriate records of ICT equipment as held by the ICT area ;
7. Develop expertise to an advanced level in the main PC software packages used within the School;
8. To provide hardware and software support for workstation PCs and laptops in classes, in a non supervisory role;
9. To install new and existing software on existing PCs and laptops;
10. To perform complete installations on new PCs and laptops;
11. To install, configure and maintain anti-virus software, protection cards and protection software across the network;
12. To configure and maintain all software applications for consistent use; 13. Manage the general housekeeping of all computer areas;
14. To hold responsibility for the effective functioning of our Virtual Learning Environment.
15. To carry out other tasks as designated by the Network Manager that fall within the remit of ICT provision at the school.
A friendly and approachable demeanour is vital to this post. The successful candidate will have to deal with laptop and PC problems from students and staff alike. The ability to encourage and engage with students in a positive and supportive manner is essential. Skills relating to the tasks described above are essential as training is limited to in-house activities.
Job posted here: Link