ICT Technician - Hastings
So my old job is up for grabs.
£18,532 - £19,641
HELENSWOOD SCHOOL: JOB DESCRIPTION
POST: Web Design / ICT Technician (37 hours – 52 weeks per annum)
GRADE: Single Status Grade 7
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior ICT Technician
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide Technician support to pupils and staff and to be an example of good practice in computer use.
The main functions described are subject to annual review by the Headteacher. All responsibilities are subject to change from time to time according to the varying needs of the School. All staff have a responsibility towards their own professional development and that of those they are accountable for.
1. To provide in class support to students.
2. To install and test new software and hardware. To help evaluate new curriculum software.
3. To maintain computers and associated equipment to a high standard
4. To identify hardware faults, carry out first line repairs and liaise with the senior Technician before arranging for major repairs with a contractor.
5. To diagnose and correct problems experienced by students and staff.
6. To maintain an up to date equipment register.
7. To review the performance of ICT hardware and soft ware and recommend improvements.
8. To deliver staff training on use of ICT as directed.
9. To carry out software upgrades and hardware installation during ‘out of school’ hours.
10. To provide technical and security support for school events.
11. To develop and maintain school’s intranet.
12. To design and develop school website.
13. To undertake a review of the design and presentation of all school published material for parents and the general public.