ICT/AV Technician - Job Spec
I'm looking for an example job spec for a trainee ICT Technician/AV technician.
SMT are discussing the possibility of having a trainee ICT technician with some AV skills. Something on the lines of:
Anyone have a Job Description that includes both ICT Tech and something on the lines above?
The Audio-visual (AV) aspect of the role will be varied, but will include: Operating and maintaining a wide range of multimedia equipment including multimedia projectors, PA systems, video conferencing equipment, still and video cameras, image editing suites, lighting, control rigs and reprographic equipment. Videoing a range of teaching and learning and community partnership activities inside and outside the classroom. Editing and production of high quality audio visual materials used for displays, training and presentations in school and within the school community. Carrying out equipment audits as part of annual development and upgrade plans, sourcing and recommending purchases. Your day-to-day duties could include:
- setting up equipment in line with job instructions given by event organisers, or teaching staff
- operating equipment and controls during events
- providing support services, including on-the-spot fault finding and fixing
- carrying out scheduled maintenance checks, which may include portable appliance testing (PAT)
- writing up technical reports based on maintenance test results
- managing equipment booking and tracking systems
- training equipment users and writing training notes
- producing marketing publicity or teaching materials
Secondly - what rate of pay would you expect such a post to pay?